Chapter 11

Freya Stark

I led the way into the Pokémon Center and walked over to Jay as she finished putting her pókeballs away and let Curse jump into her arms. "Have all the fun without us why don't you. So, did you get to battle the champion?"

"Of course not. We wouldn't stand a chance, not to mention our pokémon were completely wiped out." She responded, looking slightly frustrated by that fact. "Or did you forget what I told you over the phone about Valhalla attacking?"

Of course I hadn't forgotten, in fact Ivan and I had been shocked when we came across the destroyed grassy area in Sacred Valley- Josef didn't seem to care too much- and picked up our pace to meet her and Soren. "No, but you could've had a chance after they were healed."

I had her there by the look on her face. Instead of pressing the subject though, I turned away to go pick up my own pokémon up from being healed from what little damage Pichu had taken from battles we had with wild pokémon, though Ivan had the chance to battle a trainer on his way to Xelen. Pichu was glad to be back in a town and I watched him explore the Pokémon Center after I finished greeting him.

"So where did Soren go?" Ivan asked.

Jay motioned to the door. "He went to find a place to eat, he should be back soon."

"Unless he got lost." Josef commented without looking up from his video game. "Or attacked."

"He is fine." Jay snapped, though I noticed her glance towards the door momentarily. "He hasn't been gone that long."

I nodded. "Exactly, besides what idiot would attack someone in a small town like this? No one would stand for it."

"Earthquake." Josef muttered before screaming insults at the characters on his screen.

Ivan laughed at his joke. "Well he does have a point there."

Jay and I laughed with him for a second before going silent as we waited once more. I picked up Pichu as he ran over, finally done with his exploration, and reclined on the couch. "You know, we should stock up on more snacks and water while we're here. Where's the next town?"

Jay took out the map. "Vrard is a day and a half if we make good use of our time but you're right about the water, we'll be going through Haunted Desert, though if we stay on Arid Trail it should be faster."

"Unless we get lost in a sandstorm." Josef responded.

"Will you shut up? If we get caught in a sandstorm we can take shelter."

I cleared my throat before the two could start and argument. "Well then, why don't we go stock up on supplies? Josef, you can come with me to get the water, and Jay, you and Ivan can check on some snacks. Pichu, you can stay here and lead Soren to us when that slowpoke gets back."

"Chu!" He jumped happily at being involved.

I walked out of the Pokémon Center, dragging Josef behind me by the sleeve of his blue jacket, and walked towards the Pókemart a few buildings down. The other two would be close behind us considering this seemed to be the only store in town- nothing unusual about that though, they were everywhere- but we should be on the opposite side of the store so we could avoid any further arguing.

Getting the supplies only took a few minutes and we ran into Soren on the way back to the Pokémon Center, which we went inside to drop off our things and to get Pichu, before following him back to the small diner at the edge of Sandhill. The food was actually very well made for such a small place and was obviously popular considering the number of people there, then again, I didn't blame them. The food was like something homemade unlike other restaurants I had been to, thought they had great food as well. Even Josef didn't seem to have anything to complain about... well, not until I started bothering him by moving my arm under his and hitting his chin.