Chapter 35

Zekiel Lucian

I had allowed Jay to believe I would let Ivan waste his time protecting me but after resting a few days I had snuck out and ditched Ivan at Iceshore while making my way towards Rookrust. I knew he would probably follow me but I didn't want to be babied and protected... I wouldn't learn or get stronger. This time I managed to get to Plolis without issues and I felt my pokémon had grown as well thanks to some training against wild pokémon in the area, though I doubted they could take on any gyms just yet.

I had come to realize however that leaving Ivan behind completely wasn't the best of ideas however as I hadn't left a note or anything over my plans. Ivan had probably told Jay by now and I wouldn't doubt she was exasperated over my actions, though she hadn't tried contacting me either so perhaps her friend was hiding his mistake of allowing me to escape at the moment. I hoped so. I didn't want to worry Jay over my disappearance, even if she knew where I was heading, it hadn't been my intention when I had left the Pokémon Center in Iceshore.

Still, I wasn't about to go back tracking to find Ivan just to fix anything. I was going to rest here until tomorrow evening. If he didn't catch up by then I would go to Klesp Path's port, buy a ticket, and head off for another region. Which one, well, I wasn't quite sure but I was currently looking up the gyms and pokémon in other regions. They were all so fascinating and each had various challenges... I was honestly leaning towards just travelling around from region to region to catch at least one pokémon from each, maybe getting a gym badge here or there if I felt confident enough.

"Tree!" I looked away from the screen as Treecko jumped up from his place beside me, staring at the page I was on excitedly. "Treecko, tree!"

"You want to see your species' home don't you buddy?" I smiled, understanding why he would want to see the place his line originated from. "Alright, we can go there first, then we can head to Kalos to check out the pokémon from there. Does that sound good to you Ankou?"

"Syl." Ankou gave a cheerful reply before calming down again.

I laughed at his reaction before scrolling back through the different regions and information on experiences I could have there. Most of the other region orders I just picked based off which ones were closest to Kalos and went from there. Maybe the trip through the regions wouldn't be chaotic as I originally thought it could be. Not to mention I would be able to come back and face Drucan's league. I doubted I would be able to beat Jay once she became champion- she had always wanted to become the best trainer in Drucan and I doubted Soren or any other trainer would defeat her once that position was in her sights- but when I came back I was going to very well try!

I continued to finalize my travel plans for the next year or so along with securing a spot on the ship leaving to Hoenn tomorrow at noon, which was sooner than I had wanted to leave but I didn't want to wait too long. I glanced at the time as I thought about that and groaned. "Guys, we really need to get to sleep alright?"

"Cko"

"Veon."

They both sounded tired as they responded and their movements were slow as they dragged themselves into different spots so I would have room to lay down on the bed. I yawned and started closing my browser to shutdown my laptop when the screen turned completely white before changing to Tarot standing in front of the burning castle in Hailo while medics and their pokémon worked to contain the damage that had been done.

"People of Drucan," Tarot's voice was grim and his bright blue eyes dull as he stared into the camera, "I regret to inform you that Valhalla has broken through our defenses and killed our King and Queen out of spite and cravings for power. Due to this, I am no longer going to be taking assertive action alone as I have been doing so far. The Elite Four will be taking over for me while I go back to the pokémon League to find a new strategy and find the next worthy person to take the throne. Until then, I am in charge of Drucan and promise to do my best to help everyone through this difficult time. I pray to Arceus that it isn't too late to stop Valhalla."