Chapter 29

Zekiel Lucian

I had made it to Vrard, not that I meant to go there as I had wanted to go to Cario, but at least I could get some rest now. Some trainer I was going to make, I couldn't even go to the right route to get where I wanted to go... Perhaps I'd be able to start on my way to Cario in the morning, it wasn't too far from here at least so I should make it if I didn't sleep in too much. I pulled up my map just to double check, I didn't want to end up going in the wrong direction again or something stupid like that. Granted, I hadn't thought to use my map when I left home... even my pokémon probably would think I was a failure, well, Treecko would at least.

I heard a door open just in time for me to run into someone. I jumped back and tried to hide my embarrassment as I apologized. "Sorry, I um, wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's alright." The blond haired male shrugged before noticing what I had been doing. "Need help finding something?"

"Um no, I got lost but I found the route... thanks." I shifted as I put the map away. "I'm Zekiel by the way."

"I'm Ivan." He moved back into the Pokémon Center and walked beside me. "So you just started your journey?"

Well, that was pretty obvious I guess considering I had already gotten lost within less than a week of leaving Iceshore. "Yeah, I mean, I've had my pokémon for a while but this is my first time leaving home."

"I've been out for about a year but I've only been in Drucan for a few months. I'm waiting on a few friends to catch up to me, we were supposed to meet in Xelen but they didn't show up for a few weeks... They said they'd explain when they got here."

"With Valhalla around they probably ran into some trouble with them." I responded simply, hoping that wouldn't worry him too much. "I'm going to go get a room I guess. Good luck finding your friends!"

"See you." Ivan waved a little in farewell before pulling out his phone and looking down at the screen.

I finished asking the nurse for a room key and glanced back at him. Perhaps I should get a friend or two to travel with. It would be safer from being attacked by Valhalla after all, though I wasn't completely willing to join Ivan. He seemed nice-and a little familiar-and his friends probably were too, but I didn't want to intrude on their group considering how long they had probably already gotten to know each other. Besides, what were the chances Valhalla would try to come after me? I didn't look like anything special and traveling alone could help me stay out of sight rather than a group...

I tossed my bag on the bed before sitting down and leaning against the wall. After walking for so long it was nice to finally get some rest, especially in a nice bed like this. I sighed and took out my two pokéballs and released the two pokémon out so they could stretch as well. My shiny sylveon, Ankou, and Treecko looked around curiously before settling into different places in the room to relax. I smiled at how peaceful they seemed before getting up and petting Ankou as I walked past him.

"I'll be back guys, just going to get some food." I told them before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.

I walked out of the Pokémon Center and to the shop nearby to buy some more food for myself and my pokémon. While I had plenty for the road and tonight still I wanted to make sure I didn't run out if anything else came up I didn't plan on happening. I grabbed my bags once I paid for my items before walking back to the Pokémon Center, this time avoiding crashing into anyone, to prepare some dinner for my pokémon and myself. I had almost made it back to my room when I heard my name being called out from the hall behind me.

"Zekiel, what are you doing here?" I turned to see Jay coming closer, excitement and confusion written on her face, as she got my attention and questioned me while the others started following at a slower pace. "You've never talked about leaving home before."