Prologue

Here it goes,  tugalicious hope u like it ❤️

•••

Prologue.

Nyah Pineda was jealous.

There was no use denying it anymore because she'd done enough of that in the past two years since she'd turned 11.

Now, it was finally time to acknowledge it and face it head on like a real Alpha.

Yes, she was the second born, but with her older brother having come out as gay two weeks ago and having been kicked out of the Pack for that "mortal sin" — cue the eye-roll, because even if she'd never seen homosexual fated mates in her Pack, she was pretty sure they existed — thus, making unable to accept the title, the responsibility had automatically fallen on her young shoulders too soon than she wanted it to.

Indeed, she hadn't accepted the title yet, her Father was alive and well, thanks to the Goddess, but she knew it was looming over her head like a dark cloud, with a pesky 5-year gap between the two of them. She was born as a surprise 5 years after her brother was born and she knew that her parents were too stubborn to let her accept the title when she felt ready — which would be never, in her honest opinion — so she had been put under the obligation to accept it as soon as she would turn eighteen in 5 years.

Just the thought gave her a sour stomach.

That had two reasons to do with it.

Her moron of a Beta, who had made it his mission in life to let her know that he wasn't stepping down with the passing of the title, because he apparently wasn't "too old", and also made it damn clear that he thought she was unfit to become the Alpha, because she was "second-born" and the Goddess made her be born the second for a reason, a reason that clearly indicated to him that she wasn't meant to be what had been thrusted upon her.

And secondly, it was because she secretly agreed with the latter part of his claim, though she would never admit it to him or show a damn sign of weakness, always pretending to be something she was not by smart-mouthing him and pissing him off even further.

Coming back to the present, where she was attending an Alpha meeting with her Dad and the moron, she was shocked to register that the feeling of jealousy was churning so thick in her stomach, she felt like it could make her hurl any moment.

She was that jealous.

At what, or whom, you may ask?

Of course, at Seneca fücking Mordecai and her cute as fück Beta.

No, she wasn't jealous because she thought the two had a thing going on, she would be a complete ass if she thought so, because the two had such a sibling vibe coming off them that not even a blind person will miss it, but she was jealous because she had such an amazing Beta who understood her thoughts before she finished thinking them and helped her train into the Alpha she would become too, in the coming future.

Yes, All three of them were the same age.

But unlike her obligations, Seneca's father most likely wasn't putting her in a pedestal too high for her, or wasn't forcing her to accept the title before what even humans considered underage to drink.

Looking at the duo silently talking and trailing behind Alpha Mordecai, with an ease that spoke of a familiarity of knowing each other forever, she was spiked hard with yet another bout of jealousy when the redhead threw her head back in laughter and punched her future Beta on the arm, to which he growled and charged at her, earning a sharp look from their Alpha.