[10] Nyah: "I'm A Puddle At His Feet."

Important Note to new readers:
Mate of the female Alpha is called "Aleph" in this book! :) Termed coined by myself ;)

~

Nyah Pineda's PoV:

This . . . is supposed to be a house party?

Wow.

"I know, right?" Alessia breathes beside me, and I don't even wonder how she replied to a thought I didn't say out loud. Must've been plastered all over my face, my awe for this level of grandeur.

I wonder how much more amazing the balls and other black-tie events thrown by the Mordecai pack are.

Now, I regret the fact that I didn't attend the Annual Lunar Mating Ceremony held in their pack last year. I was too busy with my search and we'd almost thought we'd gotten ahold of Estevan that time, and it was crucial. There was no way I was going to attend some party when there was even a minuscule chance of me finding my brother.

Sorry, off topic, but this party is just . . . way too extravagant than I'd expected. I mean, first the valet, then the freaking bouncer who'd been manning the door to make sure that humans weren't slipping in. And they'd even hired a bartender and set up an actual bar with an array of expensive liquor, instead of just calling it a day with a keg like I'd pictured.

And let's not forget to mention the very famous DJ who's rocking the music department.

Whoo. Must've cost a fortune.

So it is true then, the reputation of the Mordecais to throw the most kick-ass parties in the Werewolf community in the whole country.

I'd thought it must've been some exaggeration, 'cause, c'mon! Have you met Ezra Harland? He's as dramatic as they come.

Nothing wrong with being a bit dramatic, but he takes it to a whole new level.

Like the word itself gets a new meaning when associated with him.

"Hello, pretty women."

Speak of the devil—or better yet, think of the devil, and he shall appear.

I pry my eyes off the wonderfully decorated room, turning to finally take in the appearance of said devil. And indeed, true to his new nickname in my head, he's sin personified. The simple white V-neck hugging his abs and the black sleeveless vest thrown over to complete the ensemble along with those thigh-hugging black jeans, must be the single-most sexiest outfit I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in a real, breathing person—a person who's less than two feet away.

And those biceps stretching the sleeve of his tee?

Ugh, yum.

I quickly tear my eyes off his body to put an end to my lascivious perusal, ordering my brain to keep my gaze fixed to the area above his neck. No further down.

Uh oh, unfortunately for me, the fucker is mouthwateringly handsome even above. His dark eyebrows are slightly arched with amusement and his baby blues are literally the bluest eyes on the planet.

Fuck you, Ezra Harland. It's a crime to look that good.

In fact, this sexy as fuck outfit is just making you look better. So, just take if off. Yep, that's what you should do. Would you want me to peel it off with my teeth? Oh, yeah—

SHUT UP!

I slam a door shut on my dirty thoughts, realizing only then that my horny Alpha Wolf has slowly been contaminating my conscience.