[6] Nyah: "Fluttering Hearts."

Nyah Pineda's PoV:

Unbelievable.

The thought kept repeating itself over and over in my mind.

Seriously, it was unbelievable.

First, the popular kid gets bullied—okay, that's a strong word, so not exactly bullied—by an even more popular kid for years, and then they end up as Mates.

What is this, some sort of twisted joke?

And now, wherever I turn, he's right there.

That first moment when I'd laid eyes on him in that café a few days before, I'd been hit with a surge of attraction and shock so hard, I'd have staggered had it not been for me already sitting down. Thank Goddess for small miracles.

Because that little boy with mischievous eyes who was nice to every fucking person on the planet except me was no longer that little boy.

He was all man, and the single most sinfully sexy creature roaming on earth.

And the fact that he's half-Arab and half-Brazilian on his father's side?

Don't ask me how I know that. I just do.

Anyways, that fact just did not help.

No.

Like seriously, just conjure this up.

There's the most amazing, yummiest sundae with your favorite flavors mixed in just the right amount in front of you and it's garnished with the best toppings.

Then, someone tells you that now they're gonna add extra whipped cream and all you've done is dreamed about it, but denied yourself—because, no, you don't want a flabby gut—and just dangles it in front of you and says it's yours?

I dare you to resist that kind of temptation.

That's what Ezra Anthony Harland is, to be described in one single word.

Temptation.

I feel myself getting hot a little, and grab my notebook to fan myself, but realize that only person feeling hot in here is me.

In this air-conditioned, cold as fuck room.

Shit.

I'm in deep shit.

"Hello, my horny Alpha."

"Shut up." I shoot a glare at Alessia, who makes herself comfortable on the seat next to me—uninvited, might I add—leaning back and stretching her legs as far as she can without kicking the guy-sitting-in-front-of-her's legs, that she's practically reclining.

"What? I can see the little beads of sweat on your forehead and your hands are clenched so hard the veins might pop at any given moment." She grins, leaning closer to me, "And don't forget, I can smell you." She whispers, giggling like crazy.

"Ew, that's disgusting!" I push her face away, standing up to move a few seats away from her intrusive little self.

"Oh, come on!" Alessia grabs my arm and yanks me down back to my seat, and I shake my head, pretending to ignore her as I pull out my other textbooks and arrange them on the table. Alessia on the other hand, is undeterred, "It's only natural! Plus, you're an Alpha. I'm surprised you haven't kidnapped him and locked both yourself up somewhere to make little Alpha-Beta babies."

"Gross." I mutter under my breath as I grab my phone now, scrambling to do anything but meet her eyes at the moment, "I can't stand the sight of him, much less be willing to 'make babies' to quote you."