Three

When I got out I know
that nobody I knew would be believing me

(5SOS - English Love Affair)

• • •

TARON

     I feel something hop on my bed, causing me to wake up from my sleep. My eyes immediately flutter open and I stretch, ignoring what just happened.

     I reach for my phone on the side table and check the time. My phone reads 8:32am. I glance down on my feet and see Jett's yorkie, George approaching me, and I look up to see Jett already leaning on the door frame. He doesn't look like he just woke up-in fact, he is already has his dirty blonde hair in his 'signature' messy style which is just his thick hair tousled. He is also wearing all black and white from head to toe, and he's worn this style too damn often, I'm convinced that soon enough, he'll name it his 'signature' style too.

     "Good morning." I sit up and George swiftly jumps on my lap and lies comfortably, so I lazily pet him as I look up to Jett groggily. "What's up?"

     "What happened on your date yesterday with the unburnt witch?" His eyebrows arch like he's trying to mock me, so I reach behind me and throw a pillow at him. I place George beside me and I lie down once again, hugging a pillow and I feel my mattress dip a little as George walks above my head.

     I hear Jett chuckle. "Oops, sorry. I shouldn't have talked about your girlfriend like that." I feel the same pillow I threw harshly land beside my feet.

     "Jett, it's too early for this. Shut the fuck up."

     "Fine. Just know that we cannot wait for you to open up about this. Frankly, because of this whole 'Benefit of the doubt' thing you had going on-"

     "Get the fuck out!" I yell, and he rushes out. George tries to leave and follow him but I stop his tracks and block his front legs, then I pull him back beside me. "Not you, George, not you," I tell the dog in a typical tone that makes it seem as if I'm talking to a baby.

"So how is she so far? And seriously this time," Leo slices a bunch of omelet ingredients on the kitchen island and I sit in front of him on a wooden bar stool observing him and everybody else in the room.

     "She's not that bad. Scary, still, but she's not really as problematic as the media make her out to be."

     Jett giggles from the dining table. "Not problematic yet, you mean."

     "Okay, Jett, what is it with you and you being so against Margaux Ellis? What did she ever do to you?"

     Jett paces towards me angrily. He turns me to face him and clutches on my shoulders. "Here. Me. Out."

     Everyone in the room nods. "All right."

     "Here's what happened," he turns away from me and Leo, and faces the rest of the guys sitting on the dining table. "I don't want to go further into detail but basically, on that one party I was invited in, she humiliated me and told everyone that I was hitting on her when I actually wasn't. She even insisted she had a boyfriend and got me kicked out for 'harrassing' her allegedly. Margaux is a piece of shit, okay?"

     Luki and Adrian laughs, Leo and I are looking at each other, mouth gaped in disbelief. My eyebrows are raised whilst Leo's smiling from ear to ear, trying not to laugh along with the twins. Jett faces us and we both gasp and act like we're not part of the crowd that is making fun of him.

     "Listen, bruv, as much as I want to believe you, I just can't!" Adrian says as he bursts into laughter once again.

     "It already sounded fake when you said you were at a party," Luki adds and Jett just rolls his eyes. "No one invites you to a party. You invite yourself."

     "Keep laughing, all of you." He points at us. "Until Taron gets shitted on, you guys will never believe me."

     "Wait, is this the same party where you were trying to impress a chick that looked like Marina Diamandis?" I say, trying to save him from being continuously mocked by the twins.

     "Oh, now I remember!" Leo snaps his fingers. "So how did that turn out?"

     "Yeah, and take a wild guess what happened." Jett turns to the twins again and they're holding their cackle. Luki's biting his lips as to prevent him from bursting and pissing Jett off even more.

     "Oh, we know how shitty Margaux can be, it's just..." Luki trails off, shaking his head and grinning. "I don't know, man, but okay."

     Jett turns his heel back to us, and frankly, I feel dizzy for him. "You," he points at me. "Just be careful."

     I shrug. "All right."