Fifteen

TARON

     Malu is lying down beside me on the couch and I'm staring out of nowhere as I stroke her. She has actually fallen asleep. I can hear her snore.

     Someone claps right in front of my face and I jump. Looking up, I glare at Luki, who's giggling. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

     "You've been staring at the dead television for so long, T. What the fuck is wrong with you?" He sits beside Malu and the dog immediately climbs on his lap.

     I sigh, facing down at my bare feet. Luki nudges me on my shoulder and I cock my head towards him. "What is wrong?" He repeats.

     "Have you ever...I don't know...almost kissed a girl?"

     I hear something drop on the floor and both Luki and I quickly turn to look at the kitchen. Of course, Jett had to be there and he had to be eavesdropping too.

     There's an undamaged large mug lying on the beige carpet and coffee spills out of it, causing a little stain.

     "You're cleaning that," Luki says and Jett hastily picks up the mug, looking very annoyed.

     Jett runs to the island and places the empty mug there. "Anyway, let's go back to the topic: You almost kissed Margaux? Are you for real?"

     I approach Jett and on the kitchen and Luki follows. "Jett, I don't need your hatred for the 'witch' right now because she's not who you all think she is." I sit down the bar stool and spin myself to face the other guys on the dining area. "I just need you all to listen, okay?"

     Jett is shaking his head and Adrian is looking at me with a shocked expression plastered on his face. "Oh my fuck. That sounds different to me. A different, but familiar Taron," he says whilst gathering up the empty plates him and Leo used. He, then, heads over to the kitchen sink and place the plates and utensils there.

     The rest of the guys agree with Adrian, and they are now all looking at me in amusement and suspicion.

     "What?"

     "You fancy Margaux?"

     I don't. Do I? "We're just friends. I think it'll be a bit too mental if I do fall for her."

     Jett shakes his head. "No, it's not actually too far off."

     "You're bloody close, mate," Leo adds.

     Leo is a reserved type of guy. He doesn't usually comment too much on things he find rather ridiculous so him speaking out got me gasping. "Excuse me?"

     He shrugs. "I'm sorry, man. If someone around here has got to say it, it definitely is going to be me." He damn well knew I would have disregarded it if the other guys said the same thing.

     As much as I am at shock at the moment, I don't let his speculation bother me too much because if anyone in this room knows me better than anybody, it has to be me, indubitably. And I should know my emotions well.

     "We are with Leo in this one. Plus, you can't possibly 'almost' kiss Margaux then tell us you don't have even the slightest hint of feelings for her." Adrian places his arm around me. "It's okay, bud. We all fall for problematic people at some point. But you have got to learn from our mistakes here." He pats my shoulder.

     "Wait, why are you being like this too? I thought you get to kiss her a lot." Luki jump-sits on the stool next to me.

     "I'm talking about off-cam."