Thirty-Three

DO YOU STILL FEEL LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING?
'CAUSE I DON'T THINK YOU DO
(Better Than Revenge - Taylor Swift)

• • •

TARON

      Nua came up with a plan, and I think it's dangerous but it excites me, my stomach is actually turning.

     One.

     Idris' manager stare blankly at the loading bar of the file being processed. Plan number one is to send the video to Mia's boss, whom I assume will be raging as soon as he sees what she did. Idris, on the other hand, is biting her lower lip, so hard though, that I fear she might develop a wound just above her chin.

     "Are you sure this is going to work?" Idris hisses. She is breathing heavily so I rub her back to at least try and calm her down.

     "It's a bit of an ethics violation that an employee should not get involved in a relationship, at least for that management, let alone harass, a client. And Taron Egerton is first and foremost, Mia's client." She says as she types something on the mail.

     Out of curiosity, I ask. "Are you just doing this out of anger or to get back at Mia for losing Idris?"

     She rolls her eyes. "Yes. But you want this too, don't you? Also, there's nothing wrong with reporting Mia for what she did. She broke the rules, didn't she?"

     "Yes, Taron. We are just being good people," Idris adds, with a smile this time. As if she's relieved and assured with what Nua just said.

     "Plus, didn't you guys get her to admit about leaking Idris' information? Which is, by the way? another rule she broke. Sharing personal information to the public is big no-no and she should have known that being in that position, she really should have. God, Taron, are you really that attractive. You got two people breaking the rules already!"

     Idris smirks and clicks her tongue. "You are a dangerous person for provoking all of these. First, I told you something you shouldn't know about, second, this. It's your fault, T."

     "Oh okay, I apologise for my appearance and persona, and all other stuff that's out of my control that is apparently charming to people," I joke and Idris pokes my nose, causing me to wince and clutch on her wrist. I point to her. "No," I said sternly.

     But of course, that doesn't get her. "Dangerous boy," she teases, giggling. And I fake giggle, mocking her, then give her a scowl.

     "Unfunny, Idris."

     Nua gives one last click to send the file, and I assume we will be in deep shit if Mia gets into trouble.

     "I'll take the blame, just an assurance if you are worried. But you shouldn't be. You've broken no rules."

     "On the contrary, I 'flirted' with her to get an answer. It's hard to build a legal strategy if we got the answer from a scheme, which is kind of like breaking the rules too."

     Idris scoffs, as expected. She hates hearing me say I flirted with the woman she's hated since day one, even if it's all fake.

     "Unless she's recorded everything, she can claim that you did hit on her to get an answer but it will just be accusations until then."

     "So how are we going to tell them that we think she leaked my information without the recordings?"

     "Well, with the heat between you two, I feel she can be the prime suspect. But as I've said, it is all going to be accusations until then. It's the same for us." Sadly, if I may add. But that is justice, I guess. "However, they will investigate on her. That's a light, innit?"