Twenty-Four

IDRIS

     "What?!"

     Taron is sick, and I feel as if I am to blame for that since I probably tired him last night. We got home at almost twelve in the morning.

     "Don't panic, okay?" He says, then I hear him sneeze. I didn't expect it to sound cute. And I'm not supposed to be reacting like this. He is sick.

     Focus. This is my fault, and I am not supposed to be smiling from ear to ear right now, even blushing.

     "Nonesense. Are your friends going to be home?"

     "No? But I-"

     I interrupt before he can even tell me that he can take care of himself. "Nope. I'm coming by."

     He is chuckling at the other end of the line. "You don't need to, Blythe."

     I giggle, but I don't let his intentions fool me. "I know what you're doing, and I'm still going to come over to take care of you, T."

     Although I really want to tell him that I take the blame for him being sick, I think he is going to defiantly tell me that it isn't, and I am not in the mood for a mini argument.

     "Why do you badly want to take care of me?" He asks, jokingly. If he was here beside me I would have nudged him a bit.

     "Because I care about you? Duh, Taron. I'm getting ready. You hang in there."

     I hear him scoff. "Fine, but know that I'm going to be difficult to take care of."

     As much as I want to tell him that I'm okay with him being hard to take care of, it sounds a bit cheesy even for my liking, so I decide to just lay off. Plus, I know he's just kidding. He is not going to let himself be so arduous to take care of. He's not a baby.

     "Whatever."

     He chortles and I'm slightly annoyed. "What?"

     "You just want to see me. You can just tell me that, you know I wouldn't mind."

      Okay, that is somehow true.

     Screw it, it is very true. I do want to see him but I am not making up a reason to. I do feel fully responsible for him being sick, and I want to do something for him. This is the least I could do.

     "Stop flirting with me, Taron. You are sick."

     "Flirting does not stop at being sick."

      Oh, so he does admit that he is flirting with me?

      "Save it for later," I reply, flirting back and he burst into laughter.

      "See, you like it too."

     "I'll see you later, Taron Egerton," I say with stiffness in my tone. I can't let him make me feel something because I'll end up wanting more. And we had an agreement. And he's sick.

     "All right. I love you."

     He what?

    "What was that?"

     "Nothing! I said I'll see you." Then he hastily hangs up.

     What was that? I am not entirely sure I heard it right. I am just going to assume that I misheard what he said, but fuck, I didn't. He literally just told me he loves me, and it is too soon. We've only ever known each other for months and professed our feelings for each other last month. He broke a rule and we still have until next month to be able to run free from all demon publicists and manager and actually date.