Twenty-Three

TARON

     There had been a lot of published articles that gave Margaux a good name. Everyone is in awe about her sudden change of heart, they are making it appear as if I seem to be the one at the bottom of the barrel. The one behind all these changes.

     Of course, everyone would think that I am the reason Margaux has changed like how they assumed some celebrities' reason to tame down is because of their significant other. but although partially true, it is still Idris who did the most just to clear her bad reputation.

     In retrospect, I have no clue why I wanted to change her and the way people looked at her. I didn't know why I wanted to help nor what I was getting myself into, but here we are, and here I am, legitimately in love with the person everybody deemed notorious.

     Maybe I liked her, but I just ignored everything. I was intimidated the first time, but I grew comfortable with her the longer we worked together.

     Knowing what I know now, I find it ridiculous how I used to be so startled by her every move. But a bit thankful I actually pursued into thinking that there is still some nice within Margaux, looking past her flaws and persona. I wouldn't have been close enough for Idris to trust me with her secret, and this wouldn't have happened. And I would have quit like she predicted.

     I proved my friends wrong, and soon almost everyone. Still, we can't avoid people thinking I am deranged for trusting Margaux.

     It's true. Sometimes, some stuff shown by the media are at times, if not often, farce. Behind the Margaux mask is a sweet girl I'm glad I unveiled.

     I pick up my phone and shove it in my pocket. I hear the door bell ring from downstairs. Then Leo screaming "Idris is here!" At the top of his lungs. And I'm excited.

     We have set up another plan. We got tickets to a festival and, as I've seen, everyone thinks we are 'goals'. Idris did her research and thought it would be a fun idea to attend one of the biggest festivals together. Luckily, she had the publicist to support her, however, Mia scoffed before giving permission.

     Everyone and every PR stunts will happen there and other celebrities that are just looking for a good time, according to Idris, and with that, we can't miss it.

     "I see you are opting for a trash look," Jett comments as I lace up my boots.

     Jett is not just an actor. He's actually taken up classes involving fashion, mix and match and whatnot. He can be arrogant sometimes, but I appreciate it a bit because at times it prevents me from going out and be seen in a shitty and lazily put up outfit.

     He doesn't even ask if he can continue his way in. He just do and he heads straight to my closet. "Dammit, your good clothes are in the washer."

     I raise an eyebrow. "Those 'good clothes' are all literally tees."

     "It's not just tees for me. Anyway, I'll try to find something here."

     Jett rummages through my clothes and drops a couple of remaining shirts I have on my bed. "I've got it."

Idris is looking at me and her jaw is on the floor. "Oh my goodness gracious. You look amazing."

     She's wearing a deep red and oversized jumper paired with a black skirt and thigh-high stockings. Topped off with boots. I admire how she can pull off outfits with a surprising bit of twist. I never really thought of Idris as such a fashionista like Jett.

     Jett pops in behind me and I turn to him. "You have to credit me for that. I did his hair too. That's all for you, Blythe."

    Hesitantly, she says "Thank you, Jett Alley."