Chapter 16 - Despair

"No place in this world is, as safe as my mother’s womb,
And nobody in this world is, as loving as my mother." - Luffina Lourduraj

Sakura found herself in the darkness. It was nothing around. Only coldness and darkness. She was dead.

A sobbing filled the silence. It sounded like the cry of a child.

"I want to mama." he said between sobs.

In front of her appeared a small boy, not older than 4, holding his knees to his chest. He had black hair, the same hairstyle she had when she was little. His bangs covered his eyes but she could see his tears running down his face and it broke her heart.

Her body started to tremble as she approached him. She bent down and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"My mama is dying. And he tries to take me away from mama." he cried, his innocent voice breaking.

"Who?"

The toddler looked up at her and she froze. His eyes big and bright green just like hers. He had the same facial features as Itachi. It couldn't be... Her lower lip started to tremble.

"Mama?" he asked still crying.

He jumped in her arms, burring his head in her chest. She caressed his pitch black hair as tears started flowing from her eyes.

"My baby boy." she whispered.

She felt something pulling him from her arms. She tried to hold him tight but the force that was pulling him was too strong.

"Mama!" he tried to scream.

"Mama, mama!" he cried, struggling to reach for her hand but it dragged him further into the darkness. She reached her hand as well but he was too far and she couldn't move.

"No..." she whispered.

***

Lady Tsunade heard from Katsuyu that Sakura went after Itachi. She gathered all the chakra that she had left and started running at full speed. That girl was so foolish. Love can make you the biggest idiot and she knew it very well.

She saw Sakura lying unconscious on the ground in front of Pein, near Itachi who was defeated. Pein had no scratch. Her eyes widened in shock. Something suddenly changed in the atmosphere. She could feel a dangerous chakra becoming stronger and stronger. A dark aura was formed around Itachi and you could see his black chakra flowing from his body. It was bad. It was almost as bad as Kyuubi's chakra and twice as dangerous as it held a huge quantity of blood thirst and hatred. Tsunade knew perfectly why he was like this but it was terrifing to watch.

His eyes that were darker than usual were covered by some bangs.

"Maybe I underestimated you!" Pein commented with calm.

Suddenly, all his black bars from Itachi's body flew into the air, releasing him. He got up, slowly. His red Susano activated by itself already fueled by an uncontrolled hatred. It slowly took the form of the perfect Susano, a thing that Itachi didn't achieve until now but he wasn't surprised. Love was the key of the Uchiha clan and when it was lost, it turned into such a huge hatred that it had the power to unlock some of the greatest abilities.

Tsunade started running towards Sakura's body but another Pein appeared in front of her.

"Rasen shuriken" she heard someone shouting behind her. The Rasen shuriken hit the second Pein at such a high speed that he didn't have time to dodge, breaking him into pieces.

She took Sakura's body in her arms and noticed a strain of blood on her leg. Her eyes widened in fear.

A biger version of Lady Katsuyu caught up with Tsunade.

"Try to put as much chakra as you can on her belly. There is another life that must be saved." she said concerned. Katsuyu jumped on her belly and started releasing the green, warm chakra.

"Lady Tsunade, I can't feel her heart beats!" Katsuyu said panicked.

"Then we must hurry."

They started heading for the medical tents that were already prepared.

Itachi developed the full power of his Susano, unlocking the totsuka blade and yata mirror which could seal anything. He never thought that he would ever achive such power.

He let out a demonic scream of pain and with all his force, he hit the main Pein. It was imediately sealed, his Susano dezactivating and he fell on the hard rocks, closing his tired eyes. Now he really was out of chakra. To master such a power from the first try was a rare thing and people haven't heard about something similar since Madara Uchiha.

Tsunade arrived to the main tent where the doctors were already running around panicked and trying to heal as many people as they could. It was over crowded.

"The Hokage's child is dying." she shouted.

Everyone stopped in their tracks, not knowing what she was talking about. The Hokage wasn't married and he didn't have any child.

Then they noticed the body from her arms. It lost it's colour and warmth, he lips turned blue. The Katsuyu from her belly desperately was pumping chakra into her. It all clicked.

Three of them hurried to Tsunade side, a man taking the girl from her arms and putting her on a empty bed from a patient that just died.

"Nii-san." Sasuke hurried towards his brother's unconscious body. He took him on his back and started heading for the medical tents as well.

The doctors were all around Sakura. They desperately tried to pump chakra into her.

"She's got internal bleeding." a woman shouted.

*

After they fixed her internal bleeding, they continued to pump chakra into the fetus.

"Come on." Tsunade gritted he teeth. Sweat formed all over her forehead. The girl was stable but they had to heal the damaged fetus.

She widened her eyes.

"It's alright. The child it's alright" she breathed in relief. All the doctors smiled exhausted.

Sasuke entered in the same main tent holding Itachi.

"Lord Hokage!"

Everyone hurried to help him lay on an empty bed next to Sakura's. Itachi coughed, opening his eyes a bit and seeing her angelic face covered by the oxygen mask. Her head was half way turned towards him. She looked like she was sleeping. Her hand was hanging on the edge of the bed and with all the energy that he had left, he reached for her hand, holding two of her fingers.

"Please, wake up." he whispered.