Chapter 25 - Complete family

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." - Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

"Sakura..." Itachi stood there, in the living room doorway with his mouth wide open. He couldn't believe his eyes. He thought that he was dreaming or was seeing an illusion. He is sure that he will wake up drunk on his kitchen floor, with his dream shattered like he did so many nights. He sqeezed his eyes shut. "No, no, this isn't real." he tried to wake up. "Come oooon!" he groaned.

Sakura watched him confused. Was he insane? She arched a pink eyebrow.

"Itachi... I am real." she told him using her innocent and feminine voice. She got up from the couch, taking small steps until she was in front of him. Her small hands cupped his cheeks, making him feel that she is real. His eyes snapped open at the contact. He looked down at her to see a smile on her face. That face that he missed dearly for four years.

Small tears of happiness were sparkling in the corner of his eyes. He forgot how it felt to have a heart beat, how to breathe, how to feel how to... be alive. His trembling arms wrapped around her tiny amd toned body, bringing her to his chest.

"I thought that I lost you forever." he whispered into her hair, caressing it with one hand. She was taken aback.

He pulled apart and cupped her cheeks, looking into her green sparkling eyes.

"I've missed you so much, Sakura." he studied her from head to toes. He missed every inch of her. She forced a smile.

Itachi licked his lips and tried to kiss her but she put a hand on his chest, stopping him. He watched her, confused.

"I-I... I'm sorry, I can't. I've been abused and... I'm kind of traumatized." she tried to sound convincing by looking hurt and moving her gaze to the floor. He nodded.

"It's alright." he missed the taste of those sweet lips but for now, her comfort was more important and he was more than happy to wait now that she was by his side, no rush. He put his fingers under her chin, lifting her head and making her looking into his eyes once again.

Sakura's eyes sparkled. He was so beautiful, she thought. Was he really her husband? What did she do so special that she deserved to marry such a gentle and handsome man who is the Hokage? She shook her head. No, Sakura. The mission, remember your mission and your mother. You can't let yourself feel. Yet, she was curious about so many things...

"What did they do to you?" he asked this time, seriously.

Sakura took some steps back and rubbed her arms.

"They... Uh... Tortured me... I can't remember well. It's all blurry but... I know that I've got some traumas." he listened carefully, nodding.

"How did you escape and... when?"

"About three years ago. Someone who took care of me helped me. Then I found shelter in a small village. I had memory loss and I recovered real slow but I chose to train in the meantime to become stronger." thank's Kami that she thought about all the lies and could sound convincing.

The Uchiha man exhaled, massaging his temples.

"I am gonna kill them all." he chose to not let the anger consume him again. The children were around after all. She chuckled. Oh, if he only knew..

"And did you... become powerful?"

She smirked and tapped the Byakugou seal from her forehead. His eyes widened in shock like it was the first time that he observed that. The purple shape looked exquisite in combination with her pale-pinkish skin. He knew that only the former Hokage achieved it and was surprised that his wife had so much determination to store chakra so fast.