Chapter 27 - The truth

"I'm feeling better!" Yoshiro assured his father after Itachi checked his temperature. He grinned up at his father, whose eyes still held worry. It was a shock for him. His kids never felt sick and he didn't quite know how to act in these situations. Everything about his children worried him because he loved them dearly and couldn't imagine living without them. They were the only things that kept him sane during those dark days when he even considered suicide. He couldn't picture life without them now that he has them. They are his happiness.

"Alright, you can go out and play woth your sister but I don't want to hear more complains about bugs. Do you understand?" he said seriously in his authoritarian voice that he usually used only when he spoke to the other ninjas and ordered around. Sure, he loved to spoil them but they had to learn to be respectful kids and listen to their parents.

Yoshiro nodded happily, jumping from his bed and going outside, through the front door.

Itachi sighed. Today wasn't so busy so he decided to pay a visit to Shisui while his beloved wife was still sleeping in their bedroom. He thought about how much he missed to touch her, kiss her, hold her. But he was aware that he needed to be patient with her. She was fragile after that trauma.

He got up and decided to go to Shisui before she wakes.

Sakura heard the birds chirping outside and inhaled the fresh air that got in through the opened window. Her hair was a mess and she looked around the room for a certain someone. He wasn't there.

She got up from the bed and opened the door, stepping into the hallway. She looked in both directions but nobody was to be seen.

"Itachi?"

She went to the living room but he wasn't there either.

"Kids?"

Silence.

Sakura smirked deviously. It was the time.

She started humming a random melody that she vaguely remembered. She spinned on her toes, chuckling. "What a beautiful day to end the Uchiha clan." she just realised how dark her humour was. The sunny day will be remembered as the last day of the Uchiha clan. The day when they went extinct. The ground will be soaked with blood and screams will be heard, begging for their miserable lives.

She went into the bedroom, opening the wardrobe. There was the outfit that she was dressed with when she came back. She was kind of excited. Killing was one of her hobbies back at her father's hideout. She liked to pretend that she wanted to train when the reality was that she was blood thirsty.

She dressed rather quicly in her short yukata and took her sword. Her feet carried her to the front door.

With her hand on the handle, she inhaled deeply. She opened the door, letting the sun rays reflect on her bretty face. The laughter of children could be heard outside but their parents seemed to not be around. These Uchihas were always busy, weren't they?

She stopped on the front, wooden porch, her eyes searching for her helpless kids. There they were. Kimiko and Yoshiro were playing with a small ball that they tossed from one to another. They seemed pretty happy.

Despite her blood thirst she decided to give them a merciful death. They were only kids after all.

She gripped her sword tightly as she ran towards them at a high speed. She was silent.

A shadow fell upon Yoshiro. He turned around, his eyes widening at the sight. His mother stared into his scared eyes as she lifted the sword above her head.

"Mom?" he asked in his trembling voice.

Her green orbs were glowing with hatred. Yoshiro started to cry, tears pouring on his face like a waterfall. Why was his mother doing this? Was she angry at him?