Chapter 22 - Despair

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always." - Mahatma Gandhi

Sakura opened her eyes but she couldn't see anything. It was dark, but a weird smell invaded her nostrils. She tried to move her hands but they were pinned against a rough surface which she concluded, was a wall. Her legs were free but she couldn't use them much. The cold metal that was holding her wrists hurt her sensitive skin.

The metal door was slammed open and a wave of light invaded the cold room, making her squeeze her eyes shut. She opened only one eye and noticed a dark figure approaching her with small, relaxed steps.

His face got closer to hers, analyzing her features. A pleased smirk was on his face.

"It's your bad luck that you became the Hokage's wife." the man in front of her mocked. Her eyes widened in shock. Her vision focused and she could clearly see the man's features.

"Father..." she whispered.

He chuckled. "Who would have thought? A little whore becoming Hokage's wife... Tch."

"Why?" she whispered through tears. Her throat was dry and she felt like she couldn't breathe.

"Well, you see my little flower... Itachi Uchiha is the one who killed your precious mother. I planned to take revenge for so long but... I had to make the perfect plan. It didn't involve you initially, that's only your fault for marrying him." he finished his sick speech, inhaling. "I had the money after I traded you so from then, it was easy. He let his guard down and that was his mistake." he closed his eyes, remembering how his wife was brutally killed with Itachi's Chidori.

"I loved her..." he whispered looking at the ground. "And now I'll take what he loves the most." his expression angered.

He walked away from her, out of the door. In the room entered the two stange men that she met at her wedding. They wore a wicked smirk indicating that they were up to no good.

One of them touched her face, his fingers travelling down to her jawline and her neck, stopping on her breast. She whined at the contact. His smirk grew even wider. They were sick and they loved to see her afraid and suffering.

Tears were pouring from her green eyes as the other took out a kunai and cut entirely her wedding dress, leaving her only in her white lingerie. He whistled impressed.

"Who would have thought that under those ugly clothes is a hourglass figure."

He played with the kunai near her panties, dragging it softly across her skin. She bit her lip to stop her screaming, she knew that it will only please them more.

"Hey, did you ever fucked a Hokage's wife?" the one with the kunai turned towards the other. He smirked.

"No, but I always wanted to. It will be a honour. Plus, we will find out why she is so precious that she made such a powerful shinobi fall for her." they started laughing franatically as the kunai cut her panties. She screamed in fear.

***

It's been three days since she disappeared and Itachi desperately tried to find her ever since. He sent the best shinobis to track her, most of ANBU, most of the Uchiha clan and still nothing. He couldn't let the office.
He threw all the scrolls and papers on the floor in anger, letting out an animalistic scream. His eyes were puffy and he had tears dried on his face. He hasn't slept, he hasn't ate. His lines got deeper and he looked horrible. That joy, that spark was gone. He was just an empty shell, his eyes were dull and empty, he was desperate and restless. He caught his hair in his fists, letting his head down, crying.

"I am gonna kill them all. I am gonna rip them limb by limb. I am gonna kill their entire families and burn fheir villages from the ground."

A knock was heard at the door, followed by his mother who opened the door. It hurt to see her son destroyed.

She held the twins in her arms.

"Itachi..." she whispered afraid. He lifted his empty eyes, looking at the only piece of her that he had. His mother approached him slowly, sitting on the edge of his desk.

"I know that you are worried for her but your kids need you. They need their father. She would want you to be there for them at least."

His teary eyes looked into hers.

"I can't do this anymore..." his voice broke.

"I am sure that she will be fine. She is a strong woman." his mother gave him a weak smile. He shook his head.

"I keep thinking about the worst. What if they killed her? Why her? Why did I have to become Hokage?" he moved his gaze to the floor.

"Because you care about people."

He took his daughter in his arms. She slept so peacefully and despite of her black hair, he hoped that she will look like her mother.

"I will bring her back. I promise." he whispered to his kids.