Chapter 24 - Merciless

"Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces." - Richard Kadrey, Kill the Dead

*4 years later*

Sakura inhaled the fresh air from outside the hideout. It's been four years since she trained restlessy, trying to become stronger than Itachi Uchiha. She now had the finest chakra control, her own developed genjutsu, brute strenght that could crush mountains and healing powers, even though she couldn't achieve the Byakugou seal.

Her father put a hand on her shoulder, looking into her eyes.

"Again... What's your mission?"

Her emotionless eyes stared into his.

"Wipe the Uchiha clan."

Her father smirked. "And don't forget. You may have difficulties. Especially with Itachi who's the most skilled from them all."

She nodded. "Understood."

The pinkette started walking. She checked the sword behind her back and smiled. She was so ready to kill the person who killed her mother. After this, she will get back her memories of her mother and she will be happy.

The wind blew through her hair.

*One day later*

She stopped in a small village to get some rest and spend the night here. She was tired from walking one day and ine night, not to mention hungry.

She rented a small room and went out to eat.

*

Shisui was walking through the small village when he caught a glimpse of some pink hair strands in the crowd. He shook his head. It must be his imagination. It can't be Sakura. Even though Itachi still waited for her and had faith that she was alive, he knew better that so many years without her, it meant that she was dead. Why would the kidnappers spare her anyway? If they wanted something from the Hokage, they would have asked already.

*

The village was kind of poor with homeless people everywhere, begging for money or food. Sakura checked her bag, and took out some yens, handing them to a homeless man who sincerly thanked her.

As she moved through the crowd, she heard a woman screaming for help. She ran towards the direction of the screaming and saw a man who was holding a little girl by the throat and another one who threated the woman with a knife. The pinkette assumed that the little girl was her daughter.

"Give us your money or say goodbye to your daughter." the man holding the knife spoke.

The woman hesitantly tightened her grip on the bag.

"Please, let my girl go. We need the money for food." she begged.

"I don't care, woman!" he shouted.

Sakura felt her blood boiling in her veins. She took out her sword and in a fast movement, she was behind the man who was holding the girl, slicing his throat with the blade. Bith the woman and the girl screamed in fear. Blood spilled on her face and on the little girl's clother. The lifeless body fell limp on the ground, straining it. The little girl started to cry loudly, covering her eyes. Her mother trembled in fear.

The thief holding the knive looked at the girl with fear in his eyes. Her green eyes were glowing in anger. He dropped the knife and raised his hands in a defensive position while begging for his life.

"P-please... Spare me. I'm sorry. Let me go and you'll never see me again." he trembled with his voice breaking. Sakura just rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"How pathetic." she threw the sword full of blood righ into his eye. His body fell on the ground.

The little girl screamed and ran to hug her mother.

"Don't worry, I'll do you no harm. I just can't stand people who make others suffer." she said while pulling out her sword from that man's eye.

"How could we thank you?" the woman asked, being grateful. Sakura smiled gently at her.

"By being more careful next time."

The woman nodded and started walking back home with her daughter by her side.

The pinkette took a napkin from her bag and wiped the blood from her face and sword.

*zzzz*

She felt some kind of electricity going up to her forehead. She gasped. Her fingers touched the small shape that was formed.

"I've got it... Finally." she whispered.

Her father never wanted her to get the seal from an unknown reason. But as soon as she found out about it, she couldn't help but to store as much chakra as she could to obtain it. She followed the exact rules from that book. She was now only the third person in the world to achieve it since it required a lot of chakra and chakra control. She was surprised that she got it so soon.

***Two days later***

Her small steps carried her in front of the huge gates of Konoha. She stared up at them. She really couldn't remember anything, nothing was familiar.

She walked slowly through the gates. Instinctively, her feet carried her in front of another two gates, smaller this time. The had a crest on them, in red and white. Her father was right, this must be the compound. She inhaled deeply. She had to put up a convincing act.

Now, if she remembered well from the instructions, her home was in the back of the compound, being sheltered by the other houses. In case of attack, the main family should be protected.

The children were outside, playing and running. They enjoyed the sun. It was a beautiful day to relax, she thought. A day won't hurt. She spent enough time in that dark hole called hideout. She needed some vitamin D.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice when she arrived in front of her house. It was huge. Why did a family of four need so much space?

Hesitantly, she pyshed the front door open. Inside, was a dim light from the lack of windows in the hallway.

"Hello?"

Silence.

She smirked. Looks like the Hokage won't be home for awhile. Still in the office, huh? He will have a huge surprise when he comes home.

*

Itachi held both of his kids hands while they headed home. He was tired but he will always have time for his precious offsprings. The kids waved at them and the little twins waved back, giggling. They had a lot of friends.

Some women tried to flirt with Itachi but it was futile. He ignored them and was back at being cold hearted. He only acted gentle towards his kids. When will they get it? He will never love another woman and he doesn't even want to lay with another woman. Not that he didn't try...

Last year, he thought that he had urges, like any other normal man. But it was only the fact that he thought about her and missed her. He got hard at that thought and had an Uchiha woman to come over to satisfy him. It didn't work like that. As soon as she touched him he became limp. It wasn't the same touch, it wasn't his wife, he had no feelings for her. It didn't work. So he gave up on these things. It's been 4  years, when will these women understand thag none of them will take her place in his heart, nor in his bed?

He opened the front door and stepped in. After all three of them took off their ninja boots, Itachi told the twins to wait for him in the garden while he prepared some beverages.

As soon as he stepped in the living room, his eyes widened in shock.

"Hello, Itachi!"