Chapter 30 - Revenge

"I'm glad you all came here." Itachi started before explaining the dangerous mission. He called two ANBU teams, Naruto and Kakashi in his office. The black haired man clasped his hands together with his elbows resting on the massive desk. He closed his eyes for two seconds inhaling deeply. This was important for him. There was no place for failure, he will not have rest until Kizashi and his criminal organization will be gone. They hurt his wife and they attempted to murder his children, heck they even plotted on murdering him but that was the last of his concerns.

"This mission is S-ranked since we don't know much about our enemy. All the intel that I have is from my wife and it's sealed in this scroll that you will receive and read thoroughly." he grabbed the scroll and extended his arm towards Kakashi.

Hatake stepped forward and took it from his former ANBU partner.

Kakashi's eyes looked at the Hokage, holding a questioning look. Itachi nodded, signaling him that he can open the scroll.

And so he did.

"I am gonna explain shortly to all of you about what we may encounter althrough..." his eyes softened. "...my wife was pretty traumatized so her informations may not be accurate."

He pushed his chair back and stood up, leaning forward with his palms pressed on the desk.

"Kizashi Haruno created a laborator. For what I know, he has different kind of poisons that he may have researched through the years. We should keep our guard up no matter what because our ninjas went through something similar before they took Sasori of the Sand down. Unluckily, we didn't have a good doctor at that time that could have saved their lives with an antidote." his eyes moved to Naruto who gulped. "But here you come in equation." the blond guy listened carefully. "You have to use your Nine Tails chakra and keep them safe as a barrier. This way, the poison won't infect the and if it does, it may keep them alive enough to bring them back to Sakura. She is right now studying poisons and making small amouts of different antidotes based on what she remembers while she was held hostage at his hideout." the Hokage sighed. It was rare for an Uchiha to speak this much and his lips dried. He straightened his back.

"We don't know what kind of twisted experiments he has so be aware. Our main goal is to kill Kizashi Haruno but whatever you do... Leave him to me." he talked in a lower voice with venom dripping from it. His eyes were glowing bright red at the rage he felt and his Mangekyou Sharingan was spinning wildly. Kakashi was not impresed. Even though he only knew the calm Itachi, he could understand that the man was about to lose his most precious people. He had feelimgs despite of showing a cold surface.

The door was slammed open and inside stormed a pink haired kunoichi, making everyone turn their heads towards her. She was breathing heavily from running all the way from the Uchiha compound to the Hokage Tower.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto was surprised.

Itachi's eyes lit up. He sighed.

"What are you doing here?" he didn't intend to sound rude but it came naturally. Sakura furrowed her brows, holding a determined face. The present people observed that she wore a very short yukata with tight shorts underneath. She also had two katanas with her and her long, silky hair was tied in a ponytail, similar to her husband's. Naruto moved his gaze, feeling the heat in his cheeks. He found the Hokage's wife really attractive and he didn't deny it but also he wouldn't want to feel the rage of the Sharingan.

Kakashi noticed Naruto's discomfort and decided to tease him. "Something wrong, Naruto?"

Sakura's eyes moved to the blond boy whose back was facing her.

"No, let's get done with it." he tried to control his voice, making Kakashi giggle.

Sakura's eyes moved back to her husband's mesmerizing orbs.

"I will come too." she spoke with confidence, taking a step forward. The ANBUs stepped aside.

"Sakura, I assigned you to to create antidotes in case that we-"

"They are done." she cut him. He wasn't surprised. He didn't expect less from his intelligent wife. "The kids are in Tsunade and Shizune's care..." her face softened remembering her angels "I took them and brought ice cream today and we... Bonded." she smiled to herself. "But now... I need to be the one to kill him." she clentched her fists in anger "He threatened my children, my husband, he tortured me and I didn't know if I would come back. I just want to see him begging they way I did. I just wanna see him chocking with his own tears." her nails dug into the flesh of her palm, making it bleed.

Itachi understood her. And maybe... It's better if she's there with him, he can protect her better.

"Alright. I know that if I say no you will follow anyway." he walked around the desk from where he took his pouch with the necessar weapons.
"Leave no one alive." he said, activating his Sharingan.

*

"Bleeh... Leave me aloneee!" Kimiko ran from her brother who was holding a spider and laughing franatically. He started running after her.

"Come on, he just wants to be friends!"

"Kids... Stop running around the house you may slip and fall and oh, Kami, the Hokage is gonna kill me." Shizune said worriedly while running after the kids.

"Yoshiroooo!" Kimiko cried. She ran into her parents room, hiding in the dresser, between her mother's clothes which smelled like cherry blossoms. She was terrified of insects since a bee bit her last summer. She remembers how bad it hurt and how she ran to her father crying. Itachi just hugged her  and held her close to his chest while singing a lullaby until she calmed down. He placed her on his bed and prepared a cream of natural herbs which he found in one of Sakura's books to help her. The only time when she isn't afraid of anything, not even insects, is when she is in her father's arms.

Kimiko covered her mouth with both of her hands, trying to stop her crying.

"Kimikooo!" Yoshiro entered his parents bedroom. The only source of light was the one from the hallway, considering that outside was night. He held the spider between his two fingers, grinning. "Come on, he wants to play." he took slow steps. The little boy checked under the bed but it was nothing there. He turned his face towards the dresser.

He opened it's door slowly, revealing a terrified Kimiko.

"Here you are!"

"I said... LEAVE ME ALONE!" the little girl screamed, unconsciously activating her Sharingan and pushing Yoshiro on his back. He fell down, dropping the spider.

Her deep red eyes were staring angrily at him. She took slow steps while he tried to put as much distance as she could between them. Those dangerous eyes reminded him of their father when he was angry. It was no good.

"K-kimiko, I-I'm sorry..."

Kimiko clentched her fist.

"What happens here?" Tsunade's voice boomed through the room once the light was turned on.

Yoshiro let out a long breath that he didn't know he was holding until now. Shizune ran behind the former Hokage trying to see what is happening. She put a hand on her chest.

"Thank's Kami you arrived, Tsunade-sama!"

***

Alright! There is one more chapter and then... Epilogue!