Chapter 29 - Painful memories

Itachi woke up with his face towards Sakura's who was sleeping peacefully. Her pink lips were parted and the white sheet covered only her lower part, leaving her breasts exposed. She was so beautiful like this, in the sunlight that reflected from behind her through the window. He wished to stay like this forever.

His fingers tucked a strand of hair behind her ear to take a proper glance at her beautiful face. He felt his heart racing in his chest.

The door bell was heard, making Sakura mumble something in her sleep. She turned on the other side, her pale back facing him. He giggled.

Itachi got out of bed, dressing in the pair of black pants that were tossed on the floor from yesterday.

He made his way towards the door, opening it. Shisui greeted him with a big smile and the two toddlers holding his pants tightly on each side, looking afraid. He couldn't blame them, though.

Shisui eyed him from head to toes, smirking. "So to calm down the psycho she needed some di-"

"Shisui!" Itachi warned, narrowing his eyes at his careless friend. Shisui's eyes widened, relizing what he was about to say in front of the kids. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sorry! By the way, your kids got the Sharingan. I think it was the strong feeling of fear."

Itachi's eyes moved on the two little angels who were watching him. He sighed.

"I see. Thank you for taking care of them." he motioned for the kids to get inside. They obeyed.

"No problem. See ya soon." he waved at his best friend, turning his back and heading back home.

Itachi closed the door and turned towards his children's terrified face. He bent down to be eye level with them and studied them closely.

"You don't have to be afraid. Your mom wasn't herself. She never ment to harm you. She loves you as much as I do."

They looked at each other.

"B-but if you weren't there, papa..." Kimiko said with her voice trembling.

"It's hard to explain. Perhaps one day. But for now, have faith in me, alright?" he caressed her cheek.

They nodded slowly.

"Come, let's go and wake up mom. You will see that she will be happy to see you."

They walked slowly through the bedroom's door and Itachi jumped sightly when he noticed that he forgot about the clothes that were carelessly thrown on the floor. He sweatdropped and smiled awkwardly at his kids.

He climbed on the bed, the kids following him. He put a hand on Sakura's naked shoulder, shaking her gently. She murmured something in her sleep, but eventually turned around and opened her eyes. Her green eyes landed upon her beautiful angels, making her grip the sheet tighter around her body. The kids jumped sightly, holding onto their dad's pants.

She smiled weakly at them, feeling guilty. She remembered everything.

"Hey!"

Kimiko was the first to let go of her father's pants and got closer to her mom. Sakura hesitantly caressed her hair. "You grew uo nicely, Kimiko." she smiled. "I remember when you both were just some babies and I was holding you close and singing for you." the pinkette smiled. Yoshiro got closer too. "I am so sorry that I couldn't be here for you. To see you grow up." her eyes filled with tears. "I let your father struggle alone." her eyes moved to Itachi. He felt like his heart broke. He hated to see her crying. "But I will make up to you. I promise. Want to go today and buy some sweets while papa is at work?"

They smiled and nodded.

"Then go and change."

They both looked at each other and kissed her on both of her cheeks at the same time. "We love you, mama!" they said in unison, jumping out of the bed and hurring out of the door.

An awkward silence was between the two of them. Sakura started playing with her fingers in her lap.

"Do you really remember everything?" he asked hesitantly. She nodded.

Sakura was crawling across the cold and wet floor. She didn't know where was heading. It was dark. She could barely feel her muscles and her entire body hurt from being beaten day and night.

"Kimiko... Yoshiro... I have to..." she whispered. Her throat was sore from the lack of water. But she kept fighting. It was so cold that she felt her blood freezing. The rough surface of the floor rubbed against her damaged skin making her bleed amd grit her teeth. She didn't care. She had to go back to them. She had to protect them.

The door slammed open and inside stepped the two men that kept torturing her for weeks. The only light that could be seen was the one from the hallway. She narrowed her eyes to adjust to the change.

"Aw, how did you manage to get so far?" one of the men asked, mocking her. She lifted her eyes, seeing them smirk down at her.

The other one grabbed her by the hair, lifting her head and looking into her eyes dangerously. "Answer to him."

"Nghh..." she couldn't talk, her voice was stuck and her body trembled in fear. She developed it as a natural reaction whenever she saw them. He let her head fall back, hitting the floor hard. She cried in pain.

The other man started unbuckling his belt, making her cry louder. It hurt. It hurt everytime. She felt her muscles being ripoed everytime. But she couldn't do anything. She had to fight, to survive, to return to them.

Sakura's lips started to tremble at the memory, making her grip the sheets tighter. Tears fell on her face like a waterfall. Itachi pulled her into a tight hug, kissing her hair and rocking her backwards and forward like a baby. Her sobs could be heard loudly and her body was trembling. He felt the anger rising in his body.

"I will kill them. Every last one. I will kill them." he promised her, letting the tears fall on his face as well.