Chapter five

Chapter five

My heart sunk as I watched the car pick up speed. It started swerving and weaving in and out of the cars, just missing some of them, whilst slightly hitting into others. Even so, the car never seemed to slow down, not even a little. “Dad you’ve got to keep up, please dad don’t let him get away, he is our only hope.” Although that was the first words, I had spoken to either of my parents since I ran out of Isaac’s room back at the hospital. My dad put his foot down to the floor, as he copped on to what I was saying.  Nevertheless the screams and pleads from my mum from the back seat telling my dad to stop, made me feel guilty but not guilty enough to make me stop. Her screams were so high pitched that my head spun, as the static of noise shot through me. I needed to end this, all of it and if it meant me dying in the process, than so be it.

 Isaac had given me the love I had always dreamed of and mum and dad had given me the love and care that I have always whished for in a family. I knew my parents would be ok if the worst was to happen to me. As I had already had a will made up, that Isaac and my parents would receive upon my death. “Anastasia his car is faster then mine we’re losing him.” His panicked words snapped me back to reality. Looking ahead, I noticed the car was now way ahead of us, how the hell did that happen. We were only a couple of cars behind him only seconds ago, I thought to myself angrily. My fists clenched as I continuously punched the dashboard, well any thing I could reach. “DAD PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN NOW!” I screamed so loud that it made me, light headed. My body jerked forward as my dad pulled on his breaks. “What the hell are you doing, follow that car.” I demanded in between my now heavy pants as I gasped desperately for air.  Taking a hold of my hands, he shoved them in my face. “NO I WONT FOLLOW THEM ANY MORE. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU’VE DONE, DO YOU? LOOK AT YOUR HANDS ANASTASIA.” I had never seen this side to my dad and to be honest it scared me to near death. Looking at my hands that my dad was holding right in front off me, I couldn’t believe what I had done. Hell I didn’t even know how I had caused them to be in such a state.  My hands were covered in blood, my blood. Through the blood I could see deep gashes that I had some how caused. Turning to the windscreen, I looked for any sight of the car but it was gone. My only lead to end all this was gone and my heart had gone with it. Sinking back into the seat, I just sat there feeling numb. This wasn’t over. ‘I’m coming for you Zack and when I find you, you will be wishing you were already dead.’ I hoped that in some weird kind of way that Zack would hear me.  

Back at the hospital, a nurse had come in to clean my hands. I had a couple of stitches here and there but I didn’t feel a thing. It was as if all I could feel was anger, anger that my dad had let them get away. If I had been driving myself, I would have never given up, no matter what!

Alone in Isaac’s room I tried to come up with some sort of plan. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy but then again when has my life ever been easy, I thought to myself. I knew the best way for this to work in my favour was for me to some how become the bate to draw them towards me. That way Zack would have his men take me straight to him, where I would kill him with out any regrets. The only problem was how I could make myself bate as well as getting hold of a gun. Then there was the need to be able to hide that away from his men. Leaving out a frustrated sigh, I knew what I had to do. Taking a hold of Isaac’s hand, I held it tight. “Isaac baby I’m going to put an end to all this once and for all. I’m so sorry you bumped into me that day in the hallway. Although I love you and I know you love me, I have caused you so much pain and heartache that I physically and mentally can’t take it anymore.” Taking in a deep breath while I struggled to keep my tears at bay, I continued. “If I don’t make it out alive, I need you to know that I love you and I always will.” Tears streamed down my face as I thought that this could be the last time I see him. “Isaac just promise me that if you make a full recovery that you will live your life and find new love with a girl that deserves you. Have the house the dogs and children that we had so often spoke about when we were kids.” With my heart, breaking at the fear of losing him to another woman hurt but I knew it was the right thing to do. He deserved the best and that wasn’t I. I was just the deaf freak who everybody hated and looked down upon. I was a no body and he was a star, a blessing in disguise. Swallowing down the lump in my throat, I gave him one more kiss before turning my back and walking away from the love of my life. The pain I felt was worse than any pain I had ever felt but I had to do this for him. He deserved to be happy without the fear of looking over his shoulder every time he steps a foot outside. Without looking back once, I dragged my heart and myself down to the car park.

Once I was in my car, I drove off raging, with a speed to match. Not knowing or even caring where I was going, I just kept my foot down to the floor.  Away in my own thoughts, I hadn’t realised where I was driving until I had stopped. My heart flew up into my mouth, as I stared in pure horror, at the place where Tyler had welcomed and took care of me. Bile rose in my mouth as I remembered everything that had happened in this place. My body shuddered as the flashbacks took over me.

Shaking my head, I tried to clear my head from the past and back on my present task at hand. Even though I had no intensions of ever coming back here, right now it seemed to be the best thing ever. My brain was definitely one-step ahead of me. This is the perfect place to get what I needed, now all I had to do was try and calm myself down.

Seeing no cars parked up front, eased my pounding heart but I still couldn’t stop my self from shaking. I didn’t know why I had driven here but I had a feeling that I was here for a reason, now I just needed to find out the reason. Taking a step out of the car on my shaky legs, I clung onto the car for support whilst scolding myself for being so pathetic and weak.

 Once I felt that my legs were strong enough and sturdy enough to hold my weight, I slowly crept towards the large dirty window that I remembered that was at the side of the house. I remembered that window as it used to freak me out but right now, it was a blessing.  It was the only window that you couldn’t see out when you were sitting at the kitchen table. With a smile on my face, I looked through hoping that no one was in there. As I took in the room before me, my eyes sparkled whilst my insides bubbled in pure excitement. Seeing so many guns laid out on the table was just as if someone above was finally helping me. Now I just needed to get in there and grab a couple so I could go after Zack.

As I took a step further around the side of the house, I paused as I caught a glimpse of my car. ‘Damn it Anastasia’ I mumbled to myself. Making my way back to my car I knew I needed to hide it before I entered that house because if I needed to make a quick escape, I would definitely need a car to get out of here in. there were no main roads from what I could remember, only miles and miles of forestry’s. Seeing a decent gap just a head of me, I pulled in so no one would be able to notice the car. As I stepped out of the car to say I was delighted would be an understatement, as I was so pleased to see I wasn’t to far from the house. Taking in another deep breath for what felt like the millionth time today, I started to make my way back towards the house.  As I stepped up to the back door I bent down and retrieved the key that Tyler had always hidden under the mat. As I picked it up, I slotted the key into the keyhole.  As I placed my hand on the handle, I mumbled, “No turning back now.’ Feeling nervous, I opened up the door slowly and stepped into the kitchen. Seeing all the weapons laid out neatly on the table gave me that extra boost of confidence that I so desperately needed.    

Wasting know time at all, I scooped up as much as I could carry as well as a couple boxes of bullets. Once I had a good grip on everything, I quickly made my exit. With my arms, full and my legs shaking with adrenaline, I started to make my way back around to the front of the house but just as I turned the last corner, my blood ran cold. Two cars, had parked up where mine was only minutes ago. Men were clothed from head to foot in black. Frozen on the spot, I didn’t know what the hell, to do. I watched in horror as two men started walking up towards the front door. Seeing that I would have to run right past them to get to my car, had me trembling however, knowing that I couldn’t go back into the house, had me full out  panicking.  . “OH my life just keeps getting better,” I thought sarcastically. “Anastasia! Think- think- think.’ I chanted to myself, as I kept racking my brain to come up with something.

 ****************************

Thank you all so much for reading, commenting and voting! I really appreciate your support :)

I would also like to give all my new followers, a massive welcome!!! Thank you all so much xx

Comments to us writers means more than you'll ever know, so if you have a few seconds to spare please leave me comment :)