Chapter nine

Chapter nine  

As soon as we rounded the corner and out of sight of the station, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I started to scream but with his arms tightening painfully around my legs to shut me up, I immediately shut up. He was holding so tightly I really thought that he was going to crush my legs at any second but as we began running further down a side of a building, he began to loosen his grip on me a little. Closing my eyes tightly, I thought this was the end for me, for what felt like the millionth time in my pathetic so-called life.

I couldn’t believe that things had gone down hill so quick. I had only been celebrating the opening of my biggest achievement in life only for all hell to break loose and I still hadn’t a clue what I had ever done, to cause all of the pain that is inflicted on my life. The screeching of tyres startled me to a point were tightly closed eyes sprung open. There right in front of me was a large unmarked van. it was completely black, even the driver’s windows where heavily tinted. Within seconds, I was snatched out of one set of arms only to be shoved into another set of waiting arms, only this set of arms were stronger, rougher.

 However, before I could even make out what or even who was in the back of the van that I was thrown into, a blindfold was placed tightly over my eyes, leaving me incomplete darkness once again. My heart was beating so rapidly that I was starting to feel dizzy but I didn’t know whether that was because I was scared or if it was the lack of air that I struggled taking in.

 With not being able to see what was going on around me, and feeling two bodies closing in on either side of me I was becoming more petrified with every passing second. I could hear different voices shouting orders out from around me. Hearing so many different voices, I began to freak out.

 My body began to shake so violently I knew I was going into shock and as much as I tried to snap myself out of it, I couldn’t. I was surrounded by what seemed like twenty to thirty men and for the life of me, I couldn’t stop my teeth chattering long enough to ask anything.  A gentle warm arm wrapped it self around me but this time I wasn’t scared, I didn’t get that repulsive feeling and for some unknown reason, it felt good. Although I knew I should’ve been fighting wildly to break away from whomever’s arms I was in, the caring gesture was just what I needed right now and the soft hold this man had on me was starting to calm my uncontrollable shaking body down.

I must of dosed off because as I woke up, we were still in the van but I was no longer blindfolded or in the back. I was now in the passenger seat alongside the man who had bailed me out of the police station. “Well good morning sleepy head” he said smiling. I couldn’t believe the nerve of this man. Nonetheless, I was too tired to start shouting my head off at him, no mind to ask where he was taking me. Therefore, I just closed my eyes again willing sleep to take over me but then he started talking but not at me, he was on the phone.

 “Yes she is with me.” then he went silent, I guess whoever was on the other end was now speaking. “No” then, silent “Yes” then more silence. After every word he spoke the silence tormented me to know end, I wanted to know what he was saying yes and no to, and who to.  “Ok we will be arriving there in the next hour or so.” Bile rose in my mouth as I heard those words. Not only did I not know where we were going but whom he was taking me too. Fear of the unknowing, felt worse then having been kidnapped and thrown in the back of the van with the twenty to thirty men.