Chapter fifteen

Chapter fifteen

With my gun held high, I ran into the unit. The young girls as well as the older women where running around screaming frantically. My heart was breaking for these people but shutting them out, I kept my eyes open looking for only one person, Zack. The screams and gunfire was deafening to my ears.

 Slowly I started to make my way to the back of the unit, where I thought I would more than likely find my target. As that was where Zack always was except from when he was in one of the booths abusing.

Turning the corner with my gun held high ready for attack. My body shook as I heard a loud bang come right behind me followed by stinging sensation, which quickly turned, into excruciating pain. Clenching my teeth, I dropped my gun as pain racked through my arm. Pulling my arm close to my chest, I shuffled myself backwards so I could lean my body against one of the many empty crates.

 Hidden, I bent down to pull out my other gun from my boot. With my breathing under control, I bit down on my lip and got up.  Once I steadied myself, I looked up only to come face to face to the open barrel of a gun. My blood ran cold as I knew I had know chance of getting out of this alive, even with the many years of experience and training I had received. However, I wasn’t about to give up without a fight.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted my dad along with some other officers and before I could even let a breath out a shot was fired. Dropping to the floor, I watched in what felt like slow motion as the man in front of me dropped to the ground. I knew he was dead the minute I saw him.

 I knew right that second I was too involved in this case to be here, it had become too personal. “Stay with me!” I hard my dad say sternly. I knew he was pissed off at me, damn I was pissed off with myself but I still needed to find Zack. “I swear to god if you leave my side I will put a bullet in you myself.” my dad’s words stung but I knew he was in his commanding mode so shoving my hurt aside I just kept quite.

Staying close to my dad’s side, we crept around many corners making sure we kept low and out of sight at all times. We both had our guards up and by the time, we had reached the door to Zack’s office, I was pleased to see that there were another few officers that had joined us. Standing right in front of the door my heart accelerated, as this was it, I was now as ready as I was ever going to be. On the count of three, I busted through the door, rolling across the floor. The room was filled with officers but there was no sign of Zack or even any of his men. Looking over my shoulder I silently pointed to the bookshelf on the other side of the room, as there was a secret doorway behind the bookshelf.

My dad nodded knowing exactly what I was on about as I had drawn out many plans, which he has studied. Standing up we all took our stance ready to attack. As I pushed the bookshelf aside the door slid open along with it. With my finger on the trigger, I began shooting shot after shot hoping I had him. A hand came down hard on my shoulder. Swinging around I raised my gun ready to fire, my body froze as I realised I was just about to shot my own dad.

My heart halted in my chest, I panted heavily as I tried to catch my breath. My dad stood there frozen as he took in what I had just done. “Target in view. I repeat target escaping.”  Aloud voice boomed through the radio breaking the tension. “Where?” was all my dad asked. “South exit.” Came a reply.

Without waiting for instructions, I started sprinting towards the south exit. I kept firing as I ran. Seeing the exit, I sped up. I could hear loud footsteps following me but I didn’t look back I just kept running and firing. Reloading my gun, I opened the door to see Zack and his high-ranking men surrounded. I slowly made my way up to him. Smiling I watched as Zack started to slowly work out what side I was on. The shocked/ angered look he gave me made me laugh right in his face.

 Seeing my dad stepping towards me, I held my hand up stopping him or anyone else from coming any closer. I had promised Anastasia that I was going to kill him and that is what I was going to do. Holding my gun to his head, I looked him right in the eye. “This” I said lowering my gun to shoot one of his knee caps, “Is for me and this,” I said again as I took out his other knee cap.” Is for all the girls you have used and abused. However this is for Anastasia you son of a bitch.” Just as I pointed the gun right between his eyes, ” STOP” hearing Anastasia’s voice had my heart pounding so hard that I thought it was going to explode any second. “This one is mine.” Anastasia said as she came and stood beside me.

 Zack was on the ground screaming in pain but seeing him in pain still didn’t satisfy me and by the look on Anastasia’s face, I knew she felt the same. “Let’s have a little fun shall we?” she asked me smiling. Giving her a small shocked smile, I watched as she stamped down hard on his already injured leg. Zack went to grab her leg however; he wasn’t fast enough as I took hold of his arms. Pulling them behind his back, I let Anastasia carry on. Hell, she deserved to be able to cause him as much pain, as she wanted as he had given her a life long of pain. “Hmm Tyler can you pass me you gun please?” looking at Anastasia with what I knew was a shocked expression she began to laugh. “Just hand it over lover boy I know how to use it remember you taught me.”  I sucked in a deep breath as I heard my dad yell some abusive words.

 Passing Anastasia my gun, she pointed it right between his legs. I squeezed my legs shut and shuddered at the thought of shooting him there. However, I was pissed that I hadn’t thought about shooting him there myself. Man, I felt so proud of Anastasia right now. She looked up at me as if asking for my permission, giving her a small nod she faced Zack head on. Tears began to run freely down her cheeks. “I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL YOU FUCKER!” She screamed out as she pointed and pulled the trigger.

Anastasia hit him dead in his most private parts. Zack’s screams were ones that would usually chill me to the bone but right now, I loved hearing him in so much pain. I slowly took the gun out of Anastasias hands and threw it to the ground. Wrapping my arms protectively around her waist, I rocked her slowly as she cried. What amazed me though was as much as she was crying she still kept her eyes glued to Zack. It was as if she was waiting to see him take his last breath. Looking up I couldn’t believe how many of us were standing there just watching and smiling.

Like Anastasia, all waiting for Zack to take his last breath. I knew they all wanted him dead but usually one of them would’ve just shot the target out by now. However, everyone just stood there watching him bleed out.  I knew it wasn’t going to be long now but just seeing him dying slowly felt good but at the same time not good enough. Suddenly my anger flared up again moving forward I kicked my foot out making sure I hit him right in between the legs not that there was anything left there for me to kick but I just needed to do it.  His eyes rolled back into his head as he took his last staggering breath.

As his left out that last breath, Anastasia lifted her eyes to meet mine. “Take me home.” Lifting Anastasia up she wrapped her legs and arms around me then buried her head into my neck. Without another word, I made my way back to the car that was waiting for us.

***********************************************

Isn't Tyler a cutie?

Are you happy Zack's dead????

What's going to happen now?