Epilogue

Epilogue

Three months had passed since the day I killed Zack and the day I saw Isaac. Tyler bless him had taken leave from work so that he could spend some time with me. He has been my shoulder to cry on. We are not a couple even though I know Tyler really wants us too be but as much as I loved Tyler, Isaac still owned my heart. Isaac was going home today and Tyler has spent all day trying to persuade me to go and see him but my heart really couldn’t take any more. To see him up close and not being able to hug him was just too much for me to handle right now.

Tyler was just leaving when he turned too face me.

“Anastasia I know you love Isaac and I would never want to come in between you too. I want you to be happy and if that’s in Isaac’s arms then so be it. You have got to stop mopping around and decide what you want to do. Whether it’s waiting for Isaac to remember you, or move on alone. Or even move on with me by your side. Whatever you decide to do, I will help you in every way I can but I want you to have an answer for me by the time I come back. Anastasia I can't stand seeing you so unhappy its breaking my heart baby girl.” Without another word or even waiting for a reply, Tyler left.

I knew what he was saying was right but it wasn’t that easy, I still loved Isaac and to make matters worse I loved Tyler too. The two of them owned their own special place in my heart. Many nights, I had spent awake trying to work out where did I go from here, and every time, I still didn’t know what to do.

Do I wait for Isaac on the small chance that one day he will remember me or do I move on. Then there’s Tyler, not only did he love me but he had also put his life on the line for me and on top of that, he has been here trying to get Isaac to remember me when he is head over heels in love with me. I screamed out in frustration, as I really didn’t know what to do.

The rest of the afternoon, I spent sitting at the kitchen table just staring out of the window trying to decide what I was going to do. I was expecting Tyler home anytime now, yes, Tyler is staying with me as he didn’t want me to be left alone and I still hadn’t made up my mind.  It was as if my head was screaming one thing, my heart was screaming another and my body wanted another. There were three options and as much as I knew which one I should take, I still wasn’t ready to take that leap.

Was I ready to move on yet and if I did decide to move on, was I going to move on alone or with Tyler. Grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge, I was just about to sit back down when I heard the front door open. My stomach felt as if it shot up into my mouth. I wasn’t ready to give him an answer yet and the more I tried to think of what I was going to do the more I didn’t know what to do. I needed my mum but her and dad had taken a break and after everything I had put them through, I didn’t blame them.

Tyler walked into the kitchen. His body looked slumped instead of his usual strong stance. His eyes stared into mine and the whirlwind of emotions running through his eyes had me wanting to cry. He looked so sad, hurt even defeated. He looked as if he was going to break down at any second but as I heard a noise from behind me, I slowly turned around. It was right then I knew what was wrong but as much as I wanted to comfort Tyler, I was too ecstatic to see Isaac. Not only was he standing behind me but he had his arms opened wide waiting for me to run to him.

His eyes shone with so much love and affection that I ran into his arms and crashed my lips against his. I kissed him with everything in me.  This is where I wanted to be, here in Isaac's arms he was the one that held my heart. Tyler I loved but only now did I realise that I only loved him as a friend where as Isaac was the one. The one that could give me that fairytale ending I had always dreamed of, the one that sent my body alight.