Chapter six

Chapter six

Desperately searching my surroundings for a place to hide, I noticed an old looking wooden door sunken flush in to the ground. Slowly and quietly, I bent down emptying all the weapons I had stolen onto the ground. I picked up one of the guns, whilst praying non-stop that it was already loaded, as I hadn't a clue how to load a gun, no mind use one. After burying the rest under a few leaves, I took a quick peep back up at the men, as I tried to see if the door would open.

'YES!' I screamed mentally, as the door opened up just a little. With my eyes peeled on the men stood out front, I slowly slid my trembling body through the little narrow opening I had made. Once my top half was in, I gripped a hold of the wooden ledge as I continued to slip the rest of my body through. With nothing but my hands, supporting me, I mentally scolded myself for not thinking this threw more as not only was I hanging but I didn't know what even if anything was beneath me. The door closed, leaving the place in complete darkness. I was scared stiff, I was so ecstatic to see the door open that I never thought of looking to see what was inside it. On that thought, my hands began sweating causing the little hold I had on the ledge to slip. Biting down on my tongue, to prevent myself from screaming out, I prayed there was something below me to break my fall and not something that would more than likely kill me. As the last thoughts came to mind I hit my back of something soft but solid. Aloud oomph followed by arms wrapping tightly around my waist had me screaming out at the top of my lungs. A hand clamped over my mouth as someone started whispering for me to be quite. Shaking uncontrollably, I desperately tried to break free from his tight hold, but seeing the room light up, I froze. I could see feet walking down the stairs before I could hear them. The person who was holding me shoved me under what felt like a bed but was really just a wooden box frame. Knowing very well to keep my mouth shut, I stayed as silent as I could. The black highly polished shoes I had seen walking down there stairs only seconds ago were now just millimetres from my face. Holding my breath, I closed my eyes as the man started beating the person who had just saved me. I felt so guilty because I knew it was because of my stupid screaming that cause him to be beaten. As much as I wanted to jump out and save him, I couldn't, I was too terrified to move. I tried to hear what the man was saying but with, only hearing the rapid beat of my heart, all I could do was hope and pray that they would not kill him. Drips of what felt like water dripped from the edge of the bed landing right on my face. Squeezing my eyes tighter, I awaited for it to be over. Flash backs of my kidnappers torturing me down in the cellar flooded my thoughts, leaving me even more terrified than ever before, if that was even possible.

What felt like hours later the desperate pleads stopped, as well as the vibrations of the bed. My heart sunk in fear of whoever ever it was, was dead lying just above me. With the room engulfed by only darkness, I took in a lung full of much needed air. Dragging my weak body from under the wooden frame I slowly rose up onto my feet making sure to keep my legs close to the bed, for extra support. I couldn't see a thing so slowly I felt around blindly, for whom who had been beaten. As my hands shook violently, I became more and more terrified by the second of what I was going to find. 'Say if he thought I was one of them and starts attacking me, or even worse still, he's dead.' With so many thoughts running frantically through my head, I was finding it hard to focus. Running my fingers along what I think is some kind of mattress, I felt him, my heart accelerated so much, I thought I was going to die. His body was soaked in what I knew was definitely not sweat; the smell of the metallic engulfed me letting me know it was his blood. My entire stomach contents spewed all over the floor as my hand stilled on his body. Once I managed to get my stomach under control, I moved myself onto the bed, so I could try to get a better look. "It's only me please don't hit me." I whisper yelled, while hoping that if he were still in some way conscious, he wouldn't lash out at me. "I'm going to try and find some way to light the room a little so I can see how bad your injuries are ok?" I asked him nervously. However, I wasn't going to waste time by waiting for him to reply me because by the way he was so brutally beaten, I knew time was against us. Especially with not knowing whether they were still up stairs or not.

Standing up I stretched my wobbling arms out as I tried to feel my way around the room. As I walked, I prayed that I wouldn't crash into anything because even though I couldn't hear or feel any vibrations, there was still a chance that they were still here. With every step I took, my nervous state upped a notch. It was so damp and dingy that every little thing I touched or bumped into made me jump. Finding a wall, I placed both my hands flat as I slid them along the wall hoping to find a switch. I was starting to lose hope when I came to a dead end. There was an opening, scared for my life I ever so slowly force my feet to move on. Stretching my arms out again my finger landed on something cold and wet. I shivered as I ran my hands around the object, I almost lost my self when I realised what it was. It was a body and by the feel and smell of it, it was well and truly dead. Trying my hardest to stop myself from screaming out, I ran in the other direction. Running so fast blind, I smacked straight into what felt like a wall that had chains hanging from it. I couldn't help the screams that left my mouth as I tangled myself up within the chains. Sobbing and screaming my heart out, I was struggling to breathe. I could feel someone other than myself in the room, but I couldn't see them. I knew it couldn't have been the dead man or even the man that was beaten because I could hear who ever it was breathing heavily.

I fought desperately with the chains to break free, but it just seemed to making it worse. The chains had tightened so much around my body that I could no longer move. "Stay still and don't move I am not going to hurt you ok." The deepness and sincere of the voice helped relax not much but enough for me to stop screaming. As I felt a big hand take a hold of mine I near on had a heart attack. The strength of his hands as he tried to free me, I knew he wasn't down here as a prisoner. As much as I knew that, he was more than likely one of them I still left him untangle me.

As I felt the tight chains loosening, I tried to come up with some sort of plan in my head to take him down. With not being able to think logical in my present state, I asked the only thought that was blocking my mind. "Why are you down here?" his heavy breaths stopped as his hands froze on the chains. After what felt like a lifetime of silence he started untangling, the chains again but never said a word. Annoyed and frustrated by his silence I tried again. "Are you one of them?" I asked a little firmer this time as his silence was really starting to freak me out. "NO!" he said so loud and firm that I thought someone was going to come running down the stairs any second now. Closing my eyes I silently prayed harder than ever before, hoping that the men that were out front were now gone.

********************

Oh Anastasia :(