Chapter eight

Chapter eight

Wakening up in my car with my head pounding, I began to think was it all just a dream, well a nightmare. I really wished it were. However, with a gun lying in my lap I knew for sure it was know dream. My hands trembled as I picked up the gun with both of my hands but only using the tips of my fingers, as I was scared of it going off. Then the thought of ending all of this now, felt so tempting, too tempting but as much as I wanted to just hold the gun to my head I couldn’t, I was too weak.

 Knowing how much heartache I would cause to the ones I loved was the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger. My mind spun back to when Tyler held me in his loving arms. His voice was low and held so much sympathy it hurt me deep down, deep, deep down. So deep that as much as I wanted him, I knew, I could never have him. I had made my decision back in the hospital and now I just had to live by that decision. My mind wondered back to Isaac, I needed to see him but I knew that if I went back to the hospital I wouldn’t be able to leave him. Then again even if I did manage to pull myself away I knew damn well that that I wouldn’t be leaving there alone. ‘Not a chance,’ I thought to myself.  Slipping the key into the ignition, I started the car up and drove off. I knew what I had to do; the only thing now though was how I was going to find Zack.

Driving along the freeway, I spotted a blacked out SUV just slightly a head of me. With no other leads, to go on I decided in my moment of desperation, to follow it. As stupid as I knew I was being, I kept my eyes solely on the SUV as it swerved in and out from lane to lane. Seeing it taking off down a slip road I followed while making sure to keep a little distance between us just encase it was them and they spotted me.  The loud shrill of my phone blared startling me from the silence within my car. With it not stopping, I reached over to pick it up, while in the few mere seconds my eyes left the road, the SUV had disappeared into thin air. Throwing the still blaring phone down onto the passenger seat, I pulled into the side of the road whilst cursing my stupid phone for ringing in the first place. Bright lights blinded me through the windshield even though I was looking down. Snapping my head up my heart pounded hard against my chest as I sat frozen as a car came racing right at me. It wasn’t the speed that scared me it was the fact that the car was on my side of the road. Panicking I done the only thing I could I shoved the car into reverse and put my foot down hard on the accelerator. I could see lights in the distance from the freeway, my heart pounded hard in my chest as I kept my eyes on my rear view mirror. As much as I wanted to see how close the car in front of me was, I didn’t dare take my eyes of the road.

Just as I made it onto the freeway a car came swerving towards me, slotting the gear shift into drive with my foot still down, I gripped hold of the steering wheel whilst full locking it to the right. Sweat mixed with my tears streamed down my face in utter despair. It was as if I had left my body and something or someone had taken over it and was acting on autopilot. Seeing blue flashing lights coming up right behind me I pressed on the breaks. Turning my head for the first time to take in my surroundings I noticed that the cars that had once been trying to take me out, were nowhere in sight. Placing my head in my hands, I broke down into hysterics as police officers surrounded my car. I could hear muffled shouting and banging beside me but I couldn’t move. I was frozen in a mixture of panic, fear.  The realization of nearly being ran off the road hit me.  Too much was happening and as much as I wanted to be strong and brave my entire body slumped as if it had, had enough. My door swung open making me near on leap out of my seat but seeing the open end of a gun pointed directly at me I became rigid.  Before I could even open my mouth to explain, I was dragged out of the car and pushed roughly up against the side of my car. Everything happened so fast that before I knew it, I was arrested and locked up in a cell.

 I wanted to scream out in frustration. However, with having four other girls that looked like, well let’s just say that they like natural born killers locked up with me, I kept my mouth shut. The way their eyes bored into my flesh had cold shivers running up and down my spine. These were not nice girls at all, just the visible tattoos alone I could tell that they were in some sort of gang or something along those lines. “You” the officer shouted while looking at me. “Your bail has been set, you’re free to go.”  Although I felt relieved to finally get out of here I began to worry in who had come to my rescue, as I hadn’t even had my call yet. Nevertheless, I still quick marched my backside out of there as I didn’t want to spend another second no mind a minute in that cell with them girls,  I thought to myself.

 Surely whoever came to my rescue had to be better than being locked up with them scary looking girls. Leaving out a heavy sigh as he locked the door behind us, I felt safer, not safe, but safer.

I followed the officer as he led me out into what looked like the reception.  A man whom I had never seen nor met before called me. The way he stood, I could tell he wasn’t just any old guy off the street, he held a sort of power within his stance that told me he was not a man to be messed with. As I took a shaky step closer towards him, his eyes reminded me of someone but whom, I didn’t know. Then like an alarm clock blaring in the morning waking you up, alarmed me of danger.  The slight pitiful look he gave me made me realize that I knew exactly who he reminded me of, TYLER! I slowly took a hesitant step backwards desperately trying to distance myself from whoever this man was.  As I took a step backwards, I tried to find another escape route out of here without the man knowing.  Still he just stood there firmly in front of me. I was in two minds on whether to just tell the officer that was still at the desk that I don’t know this man and let him take me back to the cell. Then remembering the hard penetrating looks that the girls in the cell where giving me flashed before my eyes. I really didn’t know which option I preferred, as in all honesty, none of them was appealing to me at all.

The heat as well as the smell of fresh minty breath breathing heavily into my face finally snapped me back to reality. “You will follow me now, and don’t you dare make a show of me. Anastasia if you don’t leave here with me now, I guarantee to you that within forty-eight hours you will be dead and not by my hands.” His words were only loud enough for me too hear but the way he spoke every word I got the feeling that there was a lot more to this than  what he was telling me.  Nevertheless, I knew better than to question him further or even put up a fight right now because if his eyes had anything to go by this was the time for me to shut my mouth and do what ever he says.

Feeling so overpowered, I nodded my head up and down as I took a step forward so I was now alongside him. He placed his hand on my lower back before he slightly started to put extra pressure on me to walk a little faster. An officer, stood staring at us from behind the counter as we passed him, lowering my head I prayed silently that he would help me but I guess that was a waist of time, I thought to myself as the ice-cold air hit me with a force.  

**************************

Poor Anastasia it never rains but pours for her. Will she ever get the break she deserves???

Who is this mystery man ?

Do you think he is there to help her? or is he one of Zacks men???