Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

Isaac’s POV    

I was sore all over and I hated being in hospital. I had received so many gifts as well as cards but I didn’t know who half of these people were, well except my parent that is. They had tried to help me remember things but the doctor had stopped them from pushing me so hard and told us that my memory will come back in time and that I needed to work on getting better before I started worrying about who these people were.

 Although I wanted to agree with him, I couldn’t stop thinking about that girl who had called me. Her voice seemed so familiar but I just couldnt place it. Hearing her sobs down the phone pulled at my heart for some reason and I knew it wasn’t just some friend like my parents had told me. This girl, Anastasia I think her name was held something strong inside me but what I hadn’t a clue.

 Every minute I spent alone, I worked hard on trying to remember her; I desperately wanted something, anything. Because surely that would feel better than not remembering a goddamn thing as right now it was tearing me apart piece by piece with not knowing.  laid back on my bed I heard the door opening, knowing it was only the doctors or nurses on there rounds again, I didn’t bother looking up until I heard a voice, I did recognise.

 “Hey there stranger how are you feeling?” although I knew who it was I wasn’t sure if it was a god or bad thing as I haven’t seen or even heard from him in the last couple of years. Well that’s what I thought but then again maybe I have but just can’t remember like everything else. ‘ARGH’ I mentally screamed.

 Deciding to ignore the unsettled feeling in my stomach, I decided to just act normal. “Hey Zack, I’m fine thanks mate what about you?” I asked hoping in some way his reply would let me know something because something here didn’t feel right. Nevertheless, I just didn’t know what that bad feeling was and it was seriously starting to eat away at me. “Ah you know work and things, sorry I haven’t been to see you before now but I was out of the country on business.” He replied as if I should’ve known this already.

After a little bit of silence on my behalf I decided to go along with him and pretend that I knew that. “That’s good to hear.” I said hoping he would elaborate a bit more but I guess that was too much hopeful thinking. “Yeah, listen I can’t stay long, but I just wanted to check up on you. How’s the memories going any coming back yet?” he asked me but there was something by the way he asked, that told me he was hiding something from me. “No, I can’t remember a bloody thing. To be honest you’re the third person I can remember but then again that’s more than likely because we have been friends from way back.” I told him honestly. “Yeah I guess. Well I had better go I have a flight to catch but I’ll stop by again as soon as I can. Take care yeah,” he said as he gave me a man hug. “Yeah you too” I replied, then he left.

After he closed the door behind him, I began racking my brain.  Although Zack and I go way back, something about him felt different but in what way I didn’t have a bloody clue. This memory loss thing was really starting to do my head in. Between this weird girl Anastasia as well as the weird feelings, I got when she called and now Zack and this same strange bad feeling I got off him, I just wanted to know what the hell it all meant. Burying my head in my pillow, I screamed out in frustration.

Later that evening my parents walked into my room as they did every evening after they finished work. This was the limelight of my day but although I know, I should’ve been grateful, I just felt as if I was missing something. “Hey son how you feeling today?” even though my dad hadn’t asked me outright, I knew exactly what he meant. Did I manage to remember anything, leaving out a heavy sigh. “Great dad thanks and to answer your UN asked question, no I haven’t remembered anything.” I knew it came out a little harsh but I was feeling so mad and frustrated with myself today.

 “Son please it’s going to be alright, you just need a little patience.” I knew he was right however; patience was the one thing that I was running out of.  I hated taking all my frustration out on my parents, so biting down hard on my tongue, I held back all my inner frustration. “I know dad believe me I’m trying.”  I replied as best as I could.

“That’s my boy” and that was as much as I would get out of my dad for today. I thought to myself, as he already had the TV remote in hand and switched it over to the news channel. Knowing the way my mum talked, I knew she would chat away more than I would and dad put together. I mentally laughed. Just then, Zack’s picture flashed up on the screen followed by another man that I slightly recognized. IT was as if time stood still, as my blood rapidly turned to what felt like ice. “Hmm dad, turn it up please.” I asked as I tried to hear what they were saying. As the volume increased so did my heart. The news presenter was saying how Zack was Americas most wanted criminal. I frowned as I tried to work out whether this was just my mind playing some stupid trick on me but that was short lived as I heard my mum telling my dad at how Zack had turned from such a sweet young boy into the monster he is today. Then as if it wasn’t bad, enough, hearing what came out of her mouth next had me near on hyperventilating.

 ‘My heart goes out to poor Anastasia, if I had only known before what our family was putting her through, I would’ve killed them all myself.’

Anastasia; that’s the name of the girl who called me, the girl that sobbed heart wrenching sobs, as she spoke. She sounded so hurt and broken that I wanted nothing but to hold her and reassure her that everything was going to be all right. I suddenly felt a strong urge to protect this girl Anastasia. I needed to find away to get out of here.

Then my mind started thinking did Zack have something to do with all this, ‘YES YOU STUPID FOOL.’ I screamed mentally. My head started to hurt as so many questions ran through my head. I felt physically sick as I started to think of how Zack had only been here today. Was he here just to find out if I’d got my memory back?

“That child was always bad news and as far as I’m concerned the sooner they lock him up the better.” Hearing the hatred in my dad’s voice had me shrinking back into my bed. Closing my eyes, I tried harder than ever to remember.

 ************************

I hoped you like Isaac's pov

Please vote comment fan

Love you all Mel xx