Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

Once Tyler and I were in the car, all I wanted to do was to go to the hospital to see Isaac. Even though Tyler was comforting me, I just needed to see Isaac to make sure that he was ok. I hadn't seen him since the day I had run off on him in the hospital.  The only thing stopping me was how I going to ask Tyler to take me there, especially when he had just put his own life on the line for me.

As I looked up at Tyler, our eyes locked almost instantly. His eyes held so many emotions that I couldn't stop myself from crashing my lips against his. His body froze for a split second before he responded kissing me hungrily. He slowed the kiss down as he kissed me with so much love that it made me feel all hot and lightheaded. He held me so close to him that it was as if he was scared to let me go.

Breaking the kiss, panting heavily I sunk my head into his chest. So many emotions ran through my mind and body that I began to feel dizzy. Every thing I had been through in my life began to fill my vision making the tears I was desperately holding back overflow. As much as I wanted to stop crying, I couldn't. Eventually I gave up trying to stop myself, and left all the pain, anger, and hurt flow through my tears.

Tyler lifted me onto his lap as he held me close as I cried. The warmth I felt wrapped in his arms was so tender that for the first time in days I actually left my guard down. "Anastasia would you like to go and see Isaac?"  Not sure whether I was hearing things, I lifted my head a little so I could see his face. Tyler just stared at me as if he was waiting for me to reply but why would he ask me that didn't he hate Isaac, I thought to myself.

"Anastasia don't look so shocked, I was there when he proposed to you." My heart felt as if it had stopped as I saw the hurt and sadness in his eyes. I couldn't believe he was actually at the centre to witness Isaac proposing to me.  Guilt took over me as I watched Tyler struggle to come to terms with it. I guess he wasn't just playing a game with me and if the look on his face had anything to go by, then I would say he really did love me. "Shall I ask the driver to take us to the hospital?" he asked again and as guilty and as bad as I felt right now, I really needed to see Isaac. "Yes please" I replied softly.

 The rest of the drive to the hospital was spent in an unbearable silence. Tyler still held me in his lap but as we reached the hospital, it was as if he didn't want to let me go. Seeing how much this was affecting him I couldn't just leave him. "Tyler do you want to come with me?" I asked hoping that in some way he would refuse but at the same time cheer him up. "If you don't mind I would love too, as I haven't seen Isaac in a few days", "What?" I asked not knowing what to say, as I was too shocked to hear him say that he has already been here to see Isaac.

"Anastasia as hard as this might be for you to believe, I like Isaac, he's a good man. If it wasn't for Isaac you wouldn't be here today." The way he looked at me when he spoke had me melting inside and out. The sincerity in his eyes and words showed me that he not only cared for Isaac but he was also grateful for the way Isaac had taken care of me.  "I'm sorry." I apologized, as I really didn't know what else to say. Tyler took hold of my hand and without saying another word, we both walked through the hospitals entrance.

Once we reached Isaac's door my heart sunk as my nerves started getting the better of me. Tyler took hold of my hand, entwining our fingers he gave me a quick peck on my cheek. "He's going to be ok." Tyler said as he turned the handle to open the door. As much as I wanted to just turn around and run, I knew I couldn't do that to Isaac. I had been through so much worse than this in my life why was this hurting me so much.

 'Because he doesn't remember you' I told myself. 

As much as I knew that, that was true I wasn't ready to admit it, I was too scared that he would never remember me. Say if I am the only person that he doesn't remember? OH, god please help him to remember, I prayed. "Hey Tyler, how's it going?" Isaac asked excitedly as we entered his room. "Great, you?" Tyler asked. It was as if they were best friends.  I stood there nervously just staring at Isaac hoping he would recognize me. He stared at me for a while and then smirked, 'oh my god' he remembers me, I mentally screamed to myself but then he opened his mouth.

"Hmm I guess this is the love of your life that you have not stopped going on about." Tyler blushed and tried to hide his face from me. I didn't know how to feel, should I feel excited that Tyler was talking about me. Then again he was talking to my soon to be husband, the man that I loved and the one who also doesn't know me any more. My eyes began filling up as I stared at Isaac. Our eyes locked for a flick of a second and in that mere second if felt as if my heart was shattering into a million pieces.

My blood ran cold as the tears ran down my face. His eyes held nothing, not a thing. It was as if I was a complete stranger to him. Not the love of his life that I thought I was. I didn't know what to do; I couldn't just stand here knowing how in a matter of weeks he had gone from loving me to not knowing me. I could feel my legs weakening beneath me as for the first time the reality of it all hit me. I was no longer his one and only love. I was now a thing of his past, or should I say a person in his mind that never existed. It was all too much to take in and as much as I wanted to scream at him until he remembered, I knew there was no use.

"Isaac this is Anastasia." Tyler said breaking me out of my mental breakdown. "Isaac I want you to try and remember her." Isaac turned and studied my now tearstained face. I could see Isaac was really trying but by the way he scrunched his face up, I knew it was know use. "Sorry Tyler but I don't remember her. Anastasia was it?" he asked as he looked at me. Too chocked up to talk, I just nodded. "Were we friends?" he asked. The little bit of strength I had left evaporated into thin air as I collapsed down onto the floor and cried my heart out. "Shit, Tyler I didn't mean to upset her. Help her please." Isaac shouted but with my body shaking and my tears of heartbreak I didn't want Tyler to comfort me I wanted Isaac to be the one to hold me, kiss me and tell me that he loves me. I felt Tyler's hands rub my back and as soothing and comforting as it felt he wasn't the one I needed.

Anger started to build up within me; I wasn't ready to let him go without a fight. Damn I had fought all my life and I wasn't going to stop now. Straightening myself up into a sitting position, I locked my eyes with Isaac. I wasn't going to hold back anymore no matter what everyone else thinks I had to tell him. He had to know who I was and I don't care if everyone will hate me because right now I hated myself more than anyone could've. "Damn it Isaac we were more than friends, we were lovers. We were getting BLOODY MARRIED BEFORE YOU GOT SHOT!" Isaac just stared at me while Tyler tried to calm me down. "Can you remember me now? Can you feel that strong connection we always held for each other, Do you feel anything for me, anything?" I pleaded through my heart wrenching sobs. Isaac just continued to stare at me but never said a word. However he didn't need to as the blank expression on his face told me all. Isaac no longer loved me, let alone know me. It was over, my fairytale ending I has hoped and prayed for was gone. Tyler lifted me up of the floor and began to carry me towards the door. "Goodbye Isaac, just remember I will always love you even though you don't love me. I will leave you in peace now, goodbye." As I whispered the last words, Tyler was closing the door. I cried and cried until I could cry no more. I had lost Isaac and as much as it tore me apart, I knew this was one fight I was never going to win.