Chapter seven

Chapter seven

Sweat dripped down my face as I waited patiently for him to untie me. “Ok I’m just done but before I untangle this last bit, I want you to promise me you are not going to freak out on me. Anastasia do you hear Me.” just hearing my name coming out of his mouth had my blood running cold. I had never seen or even heard his voice before, so how did he know my name. As if he had just realized what he had said, he spoke up again. ”Yes I know you but you don’t know me, Anastasia,  please let me reassure you that I am not going to hurt you in any way or form, If anything I am here to help you. Look I'll explain more after I’ve freed you and helped my partner.” As much as I tried to take in what he was saying, the word ‘partner’ was the only word that  seemed to go through my mind.

As he cleared the last of the chains, I left out a breath i hadn't even realized i was holding in. “Thank you” I said as he helped me step away from the chains, how he could see was beyond me but right in that moment I didn’t care on the how’s or who’s, as I was just happy to be free.

After leading me across the room, he told me to stay there and not to move a muscle. As much as I wanted to make my escape, something deep inside of me told me I could trust this man. Within seconds, he was back by my side with a torch in one hand and a bag in the other. As much as I wanted to ask him, no-end of questions that were running frantically through my head, I knew now was not the time.

 Even with the small amount of light coming from the torch, bile rose in my mouth, at seeing the brutal state of the man who had saved me was in. His entire face was swollen to a state where I couldn’t even make out any of his facial features. His once what I guess was blonde hair, was now red from his own blood. Not being able to stomach the sight of him any longer, I swung around and dry heaved, as my stomach was already empty from throwing up earlier.

“Matt it’s me, come on mate answer me.” Although I couldn’t see Matt’s partners face, I could tell that he was close to tears, as his voice cracked with every word he spoke. the desperation in his voice had me wanting to hug him but i didn't.

The silence in the room was unbearable as we both waited for some sort of response from whom I now know was Matt. Turning myself back around so I was now facing him, I bent down beside him. Taking in a deep steadying breath, I placed my hand gently on his face. Seeing his partner was in no fit state to help I reached into the bag and grabbed any piece of cloth I could feel. I began to clean his face up and the more I revealed his features the more scared I become. I knew this face but for the life of me I couldn’t think where from. Splashing a little bit of water onto his face his eyes opened, I gasped whilst covering my mouth as tears ran down my face.

I was wrong why the hell didn’t I believe him what the hell have I done. ”OH MY GOD I’M SO SORRY TYLER. OH WHAT HAVE I DONE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.” I full out sobbed as the man beside me leaned in closer to his friend. “It’s not Tyler.” I looked up at the man beside me ready to shout at him but he cut me off. “This here is his older brother.” As quick, as I felt relieved I felt sick again. “How could his own flesh and blood, let alone his own brother do this to him?” I asked in disgust, as my hate for Tyler just bumped up to another level.

I hadn’t heard from Tyler since I’ve moved in with my parents so I took that as he didn’t want me after we had, had that talk.  Snapping myself out of it, my heart sunk at the look on Tyler’s brother’s face, he was in so much pain but with limited things in the bag, I had done as much as I could for now. “How did you get in?” The man from beside me asks. Pointing above my head, he nodded in thanks. As he climbed up onto the bed, I watched as he wedged his foot into the wall, there were bricks missing every here and there. Watching as he struggled to climb up the wall, I began to panic. As there was no-way in hell, that we would be able to carry Tyler’s brother Matt up there.

As he reached the top, he pushed the door opened slightly before he managed to climb out. Fear racked through my body like a bolt of lightening, at the thought of him leaving us down here alone. “I’ll be back in a minute.” Relief flooded me knowing that he wasn’t leaving us because there was know way I was willing to leave without his partner. Slowly I looked back at who saved me. “Thank you for saving me and im so sorry I caused all of this.” He didn’t answer me but he slowly moved his hand to mine entwining his fingers he gave it a light squeeze before his eyes closed again.

What felt like hours later, a bright beam of light filled the room. I could tell it was from the door at the top of the staircase. My stomach felt as if it was up in my mouth as I watched anxiously whilst hoping it was one of us and not one of Zack’s men. A line of men in black came running down the stairs towards us. With the fear of them coming back to finish off Tyler’s brother I slipped my body lightly on top of his. I placed my hands over his face hoping that they would shield him somehow. Closing my eyes, I anxiously awaited for the beating to come. “STOP” A loud booming voice echoed throughout the room. The sounds of the heavy pounding feet came to an abrupt halt. “Do not touch the girl” Although hearing those words should’ve relieved me, they didn’t.  If anything, it only seemed to terrified me more than I was already.

Uncontrollably shaking, I tried desperately to cover his large body with mine as much as I could. With me having a much smaller frame, it was near on impossible. Even though I didn’t cover much of him, there was no way on earth that I was going to let anyone hurt him without putting up a fight. Closing my eyes, I could feel the many bodies leaning in closer. Two strong but gentle hands wrapped themselves around my waist as they attempted to pull me away but using every bit of strength I held within me, I refused to budge. “Anastasia it’s me sweetie, you’re safe now.” I knew that voice and as I much as I wanted to kill him right there and then the safety and warmth, I felt within his arms, I spun around and hugged him. My brain was screaming blue murder whilst my body responded with the love I had once felt, or even still felt. As I left him pull, me away I took comfort as he held me closer to his chest. Then like a bomb exploding inside my head, all the memories of why my brain was going ballistic came flooding back making all the anger and hatred I’ve been desperately holding in, erupt.

I began punching and kicking, I even spat as my lifetime of hurt and all built up anger took over my body. I felt like some crazy person but I didn’t  care he deserved this and more, much more. “Anastasia” a voice whispered in my ear as another set of arms wrapped themselves securely around me whilst trapping my arms within his hold. “Tyler get out of here now and get back before they notice you missing.” the words stung as I heard the order loud and clear. Was the man that had untied me from the chains in on this as well? Was he one of Zack’s millions. My head spun into what felt like a tornado before a cloth covered my nose and mouth sending me into total blackness. I tried to fight it off but it was know use. The smell of the cloth faded, along with my senses.

**********************************

Omg are they all on Zack's side ??

Will Anastasia make it out?

So many questions

Thank you all so much for voting and  comenting!! It really means the world to me :)

Loves you Mel xoxo