Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven

Anastasia

Lying in bed in between my mum and dad, I felt safe but I still couldn’t stop worrying about Zack out there free. Knowing he was out there roaming the streets, I knew we weren’t safe, not even with all the armed men that were surrounding us.  Mum and dad as well as the officer in charge had all tried to reassure me that Isaac was safe but no amount words could stop me worrying. Thinking back to when I was in the van, I remembered the way one of the masked officers had held me, the calming loving feeling I got when I was wrapped in his arms puzzled me.

 “Mum how’s Isaac, has he asked for me? I know you told me he’s safe but how is he recovering?” I blurted out all at once, as I couldn’t stand not knowing any longer.

“Ah baby girl he’s doing well. The doctors have told us that he should make a good recovery but there is one thing.” then my dad cut her off.

 “Not now love there is plenty of time yet and we don’t need to worry Anastasia with any of that just yet.” He told her making me more anxious to know.

 “Please just tell me?” I asked my dad. “Not now love but I promise it’s not important right now, as Isaac is alive and is making a very speedy recovery.” I had a feeling something was wrong but by the look on his face, I knew I wasn’t going to get any more than what he had just given me. However, I made a quick mental note that when I get my mum alone that I would get it out of her but for now I would just let it go.

I couldnt believe how my life had turned back into hell and all because of my first love. Just thinking how I had fallen for him had bile rising in my mouth. It made me so angry that I was so naive and couldn’t see the type of boy he really was.

As I lied there in between my mum and dad, I prayed for sleep to come as I was feeling so exhausted. It wasn’t long before I was in dreamland and it wasn’t a nice pleasant dream like the one I had hoped for, no; Zack was tormenting me even in my dreams. It was as if I was awake and standing over myself as Zack raped me multiple times before handing me over to Tyler. I tried to wake up but I just couldn’t seem to open my eyes, everything was happening so quick that I could just about breathe.  Zack was pounding in and out of me brutally as he forcefully pinned my arms above my head. Desperately I fought to get him off me but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t budge him.

I was sore cold and hysterically crying and as much as I wanted to return to my body, I couldn’t, as I didn’t want to be in my body when he was doing what he was doing. Hell it was bad enough watching my body being abused let alone feel it, not that I couldn’t feel it but being at this distance some how it didn’t feel so real. I was so mortified by what he was doing I could see his lips moving but I couldn’t hear him.

 He slapped me about and before I knew what was happening he pressed a knife into my stomach I could see it going in but I couldn’t move through shock. Feeling the sharpness of it piercing my skin I realised this was no dream this wasn’t a nightmare this was really happening to me,  Pushing my body up, I screamed out hoping that someone would hear me. In my panicked terrified state, I hadn’t thought of the knife because as I pushed myself up I could feel the full length of the knife enter me. Looking down at the knife that was now embedded in my stomach, I screamed and screamed while I tried to breathe through the pain.

 I felt someone slap my face before a burning sensation took its place followed by ice-cold water drowning me. “Anastasia, wake up, ANASTASIA NOW!” I could hear the words screaming in the distance but the pain and coldness as well as Zack’s face staring at me, had me frozen in fear and pain. “Anastasia this is daddy please sweetheart your scaring us, it’s just a nightmare baby girl come on come back to us. Please. oh god Anastasia please.” hearing my dads pleads as well as his heart breaking sobs I finally managed to wake myself up. “Oh dear lord thank you, oh thank you so much.” My mum prayed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me.

As I slowly woke up, I also thanked god that it was only a nightmare because right now I would rather be dead then ever  have to go through what I had just saw. “I’m fine mum, dad I’m sorry I scared you, it was just a bad dream” I tried to shove it off as if it was nothing while giving them a smile letting them know everything was alright because in reality it was. Zack hadn’t raped or even touched me I was alive. Cold shivers ran down my spine as I questioned myself mentally on how long I was going to be safe for.

Later that week things had settled down a little bit, however, I was still having no end of nightmares. Even when I was awake, I found it hard forcing them out of my mind. The officers still had us on lock down. They didn’t tell us much but they did say that it wouldn’t be much longer. However, I had heard that every day since I got here which is now six days ago.

My parents had managed to talk the officers into letting me call Isaac but when we spoke, it was short and although it was as if he didn’t have a clue who I was, it still felt great to hear his voice even if he only kept asking who I was. “Dad later explained to me that although his body was recovering his mind had shut a lot things out of his mind. Which I then realised I was one of those things. My heart broke at this realization but I understood because who wouldn’t want to forget me especially after what I had put him through.   

We were now sat at the kitchen table while we made small talk on how the centre was doing and what knot. Nevertheless, what was I to know I only got written accounts I wasn’t or couldnt be there to see or even help with the centres. I was frustrated to the max not only by the way my life was abruptly stripped away from me but also how Zack had managed to start from where his father had left off. I made a mental note to myself that the minute he was caught, locked up, I was going to make all the wrongs he had caused in my life, right. I was going to make it up to everybody that I have ever hurt through this, well that is if I make it out of here alive, I thought to myself.

*************************************

I'm already working on the next chapter for you all so hopefully you wont have to wait too long for your next upload :)

Thank you all so much for voting and commenting, it really means the world to me to have such amazing support!! Also a massive welcome goes out to all my new follwers xoxo

Loves ya all MEl xoxo