Chapter 3

I've been thinking about Sidney ever since he was in my house.

He was at the game that night, but came to Boston for some reason. I think I'm just gonna ask Reilly

"Hey Reills?"

"Yeah?"

"Why was Sidney Crosby in our living room yesterday?"

"Oh.... he's just... a friend... who came over..." he says awkwardly.

"Don't lie to me."

"Okay.... well we both went to Miami (OH) University and we were roommates. He helped me perfect some skills to be in both college hockey and now in the NHL."

"Oh...okay." I say, apparantly in a sad or disappointed way.

"Why? Do you not like him?"

"Well.... kinda. I mean besides the fact that he's on the Pens, he hurt my friend, who's a photographer for the B's, by pushing her into a wall a couple of years ago."

"Do you want me to..."

"No... don't worry about it; Let's just forget it even happened." I interruptingly say.

"Well.. whatever; I have to get ready for my game.... We're taking on the Canucks.... it'll be an interesting one." he says with a grin: the one I fell in love with.

As the clock in the Garden ticks down to 0, Rene Rancourt begins to sing, symbolizing that it's game time.

3....

2....

1....

and the puck has dropped. As Reilly brings it in, he passes it to Bergy, who passes it back to Reilly who...... missed the net by a mile. I can see him shake his head in frustration..... something's up.

As the Bruins go to the locker room at the end of the second period, I decide that I have to go down and talk to him..... He's had opportunities, but he can't seem to focus.

"Reilly." I say, signaling him away from the team, which Claude is okay with right now due to his performance.

"What Jess? I need to get back to the team."

"Something's up. Spill."

"Nothing's wrong."

"Reills, your head's obviously not in the game today; You haven't had a legitimate shot on net and you've had 9 or 10 shots."

"I'm fine!" he screams angrily.

I'm a sensitive person, so as I begin to cry, he tries to apologize, but I walk away. "Good luck..... I guess" I murmur before heading back to my seat.

I guess talking to him worked. Maybe the crying? I have no idea. All I know is that the Bruins won 1-0 because of Reilly's overtime goal, which brought the biggest smile to my face.

After he celebrated, I could see him looking in my direction and winking, which made me blush.

As I walk over to the locker room area to congratulate him for his goal, I see him making out with the girl who was sitting next to me. Now it makes sense. I begin to turn around and I see him push the girl away, saying that I can't know.

"You're such a goddamn cheater.... why did I even begin to like you?" I say, fighting back the tears.

"It's not what it looks like, Jess..."

"Well it sure as hell seems like it." I say before stomping around the corner to the women's restroom, where I break out in tears.

Thankfully, I wore a t-shirt underneath my jersey today, so I walk out, jersey in hand, to the car and drive home. During the drive, I think about everything that just happened. In the blink of an eye, my boyfriend is cheating on me, and is denying it too.

About 2 hours after I get home, Reilly walks in, and I almost punch a wall.

"So you decide to cheat on me, then walk into MY house and pretend that everything's okay?!"

"Let me explain.... please?"

Might as well hear the lies he came up with.. "Okay, you have 2 minutes.." I say bitterly.

"It's all a hoax."

"Wait.... what?"

"Exactly.... They want me to be with someone who's perfect."

"Oh..... I get it! So you don't think I'm perfect, so you need to disguise dating me! Ahh.... now another reason to be mad at you. Get out."

"But wait! I didn't finish."

"Ugh. Fine, as long as it gets better for me."

"Perfect to THEM, not to me. You're the definition of perfect to me. I told them that she's my girlfriend and now they're happy but really, she's just my friend."

"And the making out?"

"It's all an illusion. Chill. I still love you. Screw them for making me do this, but unless I wanna be cut from the team, I have to do this."

"That makes absolutely no sense."

"Well, they said they don't even want me having a girlfriend today after the game due to 'distractions', so we 'broke up', but you and I still together and will be for a while."

"Okay, I guess..." I say as he pulls me into a hug.

"I wanna show you something." he says

"I'm scared, but okay." I say while laughing.

1...2...3... open your eyes!

Apparantly, he led me up the stairs into my room, where I found a Bruins necklace and a note.

As I open it, I see that it's signed by Reilly:

Dear Jess,

I know that you probably won't be able to forgive me soon, but I'll tell you why I'll always be able to forgive you and accept you for the rest of my life: your love of hockey, your personality, your smile, even though you have dimples that you hate, your body, even though you think you're fat, your ability to be an imperfect kind of perfect, because that's who I fell in love with and head over heels for. If you forgive me, I'll be the happiest guy in the world.

Please?

~ Reills <3

"I forgive you Reilly. I love you and all your little things." I say, laughing at the fact that I just recited One Direction lyrics to my boyfriend.... -_-

"Good." He says, smiling the biggest, adorable-est smile I've ever seen.

I lean in to kiss him, but he beats me to it, lifting me up and kissing me.

I'm pretty sure that we'll be dating for a long time, but who knows.

The next day, I head off to the Garden to clean the ice and guess who I see in the crowd of players' wives and girlfriends? The girl Reilly was sucking face with a couple nights ago. I learned that her name is Brittany.

After practice, I spy on her and eventually see her walk away with......

LOOCH?!?!

**********************************

Thanks for reading! I know this chapter is sorta hectic.... sorry.... I've been really busy lately with school and basketball championships... I'll try to write more next week!! (:

~ Jess