Chapter 5

As I'm pacing across the room, Reilly walks in.

'Reills, we need to talk.' I say shaking.

As he brings me into a hug, he says 'I know.... She's trying to kill me.'

I begin to cry again. 'But Reilly, I love you! I'd be depressed without you. You're the reason I wake up in the morning! YOU! I'll die without you.'

'Awww baby, it's okay.' He says, trying to be comforting. I don't think he realizes that he's shaking too.

'Don't let me go. If you die, let me die with you. If you survive, we can love each other even more.'

'It's okay.' He wraps his arms around me and kisses me, which I love.

'But what if you do die? All of your life accomplishments will be washed down the drain, along with my soul.'

'If I die, promise me that you won't kill yourself. I know you want to be with me, but I can't control whether or not I'm gonna die. Of course, I want to live here with you for the rest of my life, but I don't know what's happening just yet.'

'Oh Reilly.'

'Let's watch some TV to get our minds off of the topic'

*from television* 'In recent news, local suspected murderer Brittany Jenks is caught and arrested for allegedly trying to kill NHL hockey player Reilly Smith.'

'Oh my god REILLY!!!' I scream while happy tears stream from my face.

He turns the TV off and throws the remote in happiness. 'Jess. I love you soo much.' he says as we hug tightly.

'I'm so happy she was caught.'

'Me too.'

'Reilly?'

'Yes?'

'Why did the Bruins make you fake date her when she was already dating Looch?'

'They wanted him to focus on the sport more, but I don't see how passing the girl on to ME was a good idea either.' he says while smiling.

'You act like a kid sometimes, I swear.' I say with a giggle.

'Well, it's true! Maybe her plan of attempting to murder me was getting to his head, seen that we're friends and teammates.'

'Now, she's off to jail where she belongs.'

'So now we don't have to worry about it.'

'You up for a celebratory Starbucks run?' I say while smiling because I try to get him to go to Starbucks with me all the time.....

'Yes, just as long as you don't wear an infinity scarf and Uggs.' he says with a smirk.

'Shut up!'

'Make me.'

As he's running away, I sneak behind him and jump on his back as we head to the car.

When we entered Starbucks and ordered, I looked at the cashier's name tag and her name was Brittany... Any name but Brittany right now...

'Hi! Welcome to Starbucks! What can I get for..... Reilly Smith?!?!'

'Haha yeah... That's me...' He says while blushing and laughing.

Obviously shaking (probably from excitement- that would probably be me too if I wasn't dating him) she asked him what we want.

'I'll have a grande mocha macchiato and she'll have a grande caramel frappuccino. Thanks!' He says while handing the lady the money. I love how he knows my Starbucks order.

As we wait for our drinks, he has his arm around me and I love it. We're obviously public. As a girl walks up to Reilly, I seem to recognize her. She's Caryn, the Bruins reporter. She's known to come to this Starbucks and talk to fans about who she should interview or what she should tweet about, obviously under the 'eyes' of the organization.

As we begin to drive away, I realize something.

'Stop the car.' I say in a somewhat serious way.

'What the hell?' He pulls over and asks me what that was for.

'Well I didn't know if you remembered.'

'Remembered..... what?'

'Our... 1-month...?' He asks suspiciously.

'Uh....yeah Reills'

'Oh crap.'

'What?'

'I love joking with you. Happy 1 month anniversary babe!' he says as he pulls out a diamond ring.

'Aww! Thank you! I got you something too!' I say as I pull out a signed hockey puck by the Red Wings team that he grew up loving.

'Oh my god THANK YOU!! I love it!' He says before kissing me.

As we turn at a stoplight on the way home, jamming out to 102.5, Reilly's favorite radio station, all I remember is a silver truck.

A silver truck that rammed into the passenger door and hit me.

***********************************

Hey! If you guys have an idea on a future event in the book, just DM me! Thanks for reading!!

~ Jess

I Think I Love Him | A Reilly Smith Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें