Chapter Five

Kichirou sat on his couch at home, staring at his wall, wondering what he had done today. Why did it feel as if his heat had come early? There was no way it could be here. He ran a hand through his hair, chewing on his lip. That had not been a good impression for Natsuki sensei. He had wanted to look composed in front of him, but he had looked like nothing more than just an omega.

Grumbling to himself, Kichirou stood up and walked into his kitchen to start making his dinner for the night. He was chopping some onions when his cell phone began to ring. Picking up his phone, he saw that it was his cousin, Rei. Rei was his mother's sister's son, and was the same age as Kichirou. He also owned a bar in the area of town that was popular at night with all those in any walk of life.

"Hey, Rei." Kichirou answered his phone using no honorific. He picked up his knife again and continued cutting up the onion.

"Ah, Kichi, I've got a favor to ask you?" Kichirou paused, putting his knife down and closing his eyes. That one line was never a good sign. Kichirou had the worst time saying no to people.

"Last time you asked me a favor, I ended up as a substitute for one of your hosts."

"Heh....about that...." the pause in Rei's tone indicated that it was as he had truly believed. This favor was not going to be an easy one.

"No, Rei." With one hand on his hip and the other on his phone at his ear, Kichirou inhaled deeply, ready to end the call at any moment.

"But I haven't even asked you anything yet!" Rei pleaded. "It's not one of my hosts tonight. One of my girls, a waitress, had to stay home because her kid got the flu. And it's just for tonight." Kichirou sighed. He hated sob stories, so how come they were always the one thing that got to him more than anything else?

"Isn't there anyone else?" He grumbled. He knew the answer and already knowing, he began to put the half cut up onion in a container so he could at least use it at a later time.

"I only trust you, Kichi." See, he knew it. "You know you're the best and I'll pay you double what I did when you were a host for that night." Kichirou breathed in deeply and rubbed at the crease between his brow.

"I don't have to talk to anyone, right?"

"No, I'll make sure the hosts do it and all you have to do is bring the drinks. Please, Ki...pretty please?"

"Only if it's for night." Kichirou warned Rei sternly.

"Thank you so much! Can you be here in like an hour?"

Grumbling under his breath, walking towards his shower, Kichirou answered, "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Jun strolled along the streets, his hands in his pockets, a smile on his face. It was the middle of the night so there was almost no chance to be caught by a teacher. Jun knew of several host clubs where he could easily find several people to calm down his raging lust.

Jun's grin grew wider and his step began to quicken. There was one nightclub he knew he could go to where there were always a magnitude of hosts and customers that were his type. Several weeks ago, he had sex with one of the customers after the both of them had left. Both males and females frequented this location and, most of the time, they were usually rather good looking. One of the main reasons Jun liked this location, was because he had a thing for the waitresses in their short skirts and the waiters, in their suit vests. Ties, it seemed, turned him on more than even porn.

Jun had to chuckle at himself, ties were an odd thing to make a guy hard. However, just the thought of grabbing a tie to bring a lover closer to him sent a shudder through him. There were so many things you could do with a tie. Groaning, Jun shifted his feet, picking up his speed. One of these days, he really needed to try out all of his fantasies concerning ties. So many delicious ideas.

Grinning to himself, Jun looked up at the sky as he stopped at a crosswalk. The moon was bright in the sky, the stars twinkling brightly alongside it. Even the hustle and bustle of the people around him was a soothing sound. Jun felt more alive at night than he did when he was stuck within the school walls. Or even at home.

Home was nothing more than a place to sleep. Even then, there were nights where Jun never returned, staying out until the crack of dawn, going to school without even sleeping. He had seen so many things on these streets, not all of them good, but all of the instances had shaped him into who he was. Jun knew that he was pessimistic about love and such. Men and women were only there to fuck. Nothing more nothing less.

There was no reason to feel anything more than lust. Lust could be cured. Love...love was not so easily cured. It usually ended in heartbreak and, Jun had seen so many people not make it back from the dark shores of a heartbreak. There were those who stayed close to that edge, never leaving it, never moving. There were those that moved. But, they didn't move away from the edge, instead they walked towards it, never looking back as they stepped off of it. Anyone who was in love, whether they knew it or not, they were standing at the edge of a pitch black sea, stars twinkling around them. A life with no beginning or ending. The ground, the sea, the sky, all blending into one. A black hole that had no answers for anything.

Jun shook his head, and sighed, walking across the street. He needed to drive away these thoughts and there was only one way he knew how to do it. Standing in front of a host club, hands in his pockets, chin up, grin on his face, Jun took a deep breath in and promptly froze. There was a smell in the air. It smelled like summer. Fresh flowers, grass, sunshine. It was enticing. If love had a smell, Jun believed that this is what it would smell like.

Following that smell, Jun wandered down the street, the smell became more and more pronounced as he passed buildings. Located in a small alley, it's lights ablaze, was a shop, the words Cupid's Den written in large letters across its front. Jun had never been to this particular shop, which at the moment he thought was strange. He thought that he had been to all of the shops in this area. The smell of flowers was prominent at the door, it made him gasp for more and want to follow it into the depths of the world. Not liking that he was being lead around by a mere smell, Jun grimaced but still continued to take that step forward to open the door.