Chapter 19

Jun found Kichirou easily, he was standing out in the courtyard watching the students go into the school. Walking up behind him, Jun tapped Kichirou on the shoulder. Once he had turned, Jun inclined his head towards one of the secluded areas within the school. Giving an imperceivable nod, Kichirou watched as Jun walked away, his hands in his grey school trouser pockets.

Not long after, Kichirou was alone with Jun behind the school. It was still early in the morning so the sun was just beginning to rise. It's gold-orange shadow was lighting the world in autumn hues. Without waiting for Kichirou to respond, Jun grabbed Kichirou's hand and moved it to his cheek. He kissed the back of it and rested his lips there all the while watching Kichirou's reactions slyly. Under the morning sun, Jun's three ear piercings in his right ear glinted and shimmered hues of red and gold. Kichirou couldn't hold back his gasp as Jun flipped his hand over and kissed his wrist.

On that point that proved he was alive, Kichirou could feel his own heartbeat thundering against Jun's lips.

"What did you need?" Kichirou whispered, his own heartbeat thundering loudly in his ears. "School is about to start."

Jun kissed Kichirou's pulse point one more time before lowering it, keeping it in his grasp. "I just wanted to warn you."

Tilting his head in confusion, Kichirou watched the sunlight play with the golden strands of Jun's hair. "Warn me? About what?"

"It seems like someone took a photo of us."

"Photo?"

"There are rumors about you seducing a student." Jun said with an evil grin on his face. Kichirou couldn't help but smile as well.

"I seduced you?" He asked, lips twitching.

"More like I did the seducing." Jun whispered, bringing Kichirou in closer until their noses were just a breath apart. They read all the emotions in each other's eyes, not worried about whatever was to happen as long as they had each other.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Kichirou whispered, his heart on his sleeve.

"I won't leave you, Ki-chan," Jun whispered, leaning his forehead against Kichirou's. "No matter what happens."

The two held their foreheads together, their eyes closed, just breathing in each others presence until the warning bell rang. Their eyes opened and found each other, slowly their lips met in a gentle, soft kiss. Even though the world may be falling around them, and they knew, in this moment, nothing was worth being worried about. They would be able to get through anything since no one could change the past.

~~~~~

"Are you going out with each other?" Was the very first question out of Batou's mouth when he called Jun and Kichirou into his office. He still had the photo on his desk. No one could deny that it was the both of them. Pasts could not be outrun, you could only look forward and mend the mistakes you made with every breath. This was why both Jun and Kichirou were not worried. Nothing else mattered but the two of them.

"Break up now," Batou hissed, his eyes glaring at Kichirou. He couldn't believe his old friend's son would bring such a shameful position to this school. It was unbelieveable! "Or you'll be expelled!"

Jun and Kichirou stood side by side before Batou, their hips almost touching, both their expressions never changing. Batou was grumbling to himself about the image of the school when Jun turned slightly toward Kichirou.

"Let's break up." ­­­Jun whispered, but his actions didn't coincide with his words. He wrapped his little finger around Kichirou's holding it securely. "Pretend to break up and we'll date in secret." Kichirou stared straight ahead listening to him as well as the principal.

"How much have you already progressed in your relationship?" Batou was still ranting, his hands were tightening in his hair. His eyes were beginning to become bloodshot. "Kids can only talk about love lately, filling their brains with it, drowning in those feelings. ­­­Kichirou, you're such a smart person, what are you thinking? What will your father say? Both him and your grandfather will have my head for this!"

"I don't want to break up at all." ­­­­Kichirou finally whispered to Jun. He tried not to cry, his eyes misting with emotion, his heart pounding with love. There was no way they could get Jun away from him. This young man had already burrowed himself beneath his skin, just like a weed. Hopefully this weed would grow more beautiful than any flower.

Flowers are fragile, weeds are sturdy. Flowers are high maintenance and weeds grow anywhere they feel like it. Flowers are helpless without the protection of somebody else. It may be flowers that cheer people up, or show how much someone is loved, but not every flower is beautiful and not every person wants to be considered weak like a flower. Flowers can be easily pulled from the ground or snapped in half by the wind. Weeds on the other hand are never completely pulled from the ground, even if you are able to get most of it out, some roots still remain and those roots will become a persistent weed again.

Dandelions grow back even when pulled from the ground.

Roses, even if they have thorns, die when separated from their precious roots, never to try again.

Let this love grow like a weed.

Able to live, even when it's pulled apart.

~~~

In the end, by the end of that day, Kichirou turned in his resignation.

When he let Ren know, Ren understood what Kichirou was doing. Although he wasn't 100% on Kichirou's side just yet, he had seen the way the pair had acted around each other, and he knew this wasn't some spontaneous reaction. He told Kichirou that he would do anything in his power to make his friend happy. Before he turned in his resignation, Kichirou had called around, and with Ren's help, he was able to quickly get his job back at the elementary school. The principal there was excited because all the children loved Kichirou. She was the only person who was extremely ecstatic about Kichirou leaving.

Kichirou told the principal that he had broken up with Jun, however, he had decided that he couldn't stay at this school and that he would be going back to his previous one. He also said that he hoped to not leave on bad terms, as Batou was a family friend. No matter what Kichirou said to appease him, Batou was furious. He went on a two hour rant telling him he was ruining his career as a teacher, but Kichirou knew that this wasn't the end.

It was only the beginning.