Chapter 27

Chapter 27

As Kichirou had slowly gotten up, he remembered, that on the last night he had seen Jun, he had whispered to Jun's retreating back, I love you. Even then, without his memories, he hadn't known who he had been speaking to. Had it been Ren? Only with the help of his cousin and Ren, did Kichirou slowly get his life back together even though it feels like there is a hole in his life. It took almost three months before his body was strong enough for him to walk again. It took another three months before his doctors let him go back to work without any extraneous exercise. Another four months passed before Kichirou felt like he was almost able to do everything he use to do in the past.

It had been an entire year since Kichirou had been shot.

His physical wounds had healed, but in his heart, he knew it would never be the same without Jun. Almost a year and a half after he was shot, Kichirou was finally able to see Natsuki sentenced to fifty years in prison for attempted murder. Even on the day of the sentencing, Natsuki claimed it wasn't him.

In the end, since the last day he had seen Jun, three years passed by in a flash.

Three years meant many things. Kichirou was celebrating his 29th birthday where Jun would be celebrating his 20th birthday. Wherever he was, Kichirou knew Jun had probably gotten into the college of his dreams, because even though he might have been possessive, Jun had always had the top scores when he was in high school.

What Kichirou did not know was that Jun had been living in the same town as him since he had graduated high school. It may have been a coincidence since they had never met on the streets in the entire year-and-a-half that Jun had been back. However, somehow their red strings of fate had never crossed again.

Throughout his entire rehabilitation Kichirou had never lost the ability to see the red strings of fate. With the help of his cousin, he had begin to see the intricacies of the strings of fate. His fate string had never been the same again. It was still frayed and burned at the ends. Kichirou knew that his fate was with Jun so he never looked at his fate for himself. In the beginning, he had believed that Jun would come back, but every time a door opened, no one was ever there. This had disappointed Kichirou, but he knew that he needed to hold on because eventually that string would become whole again.

Every time Jun walk the streets he could feel Kichirou next to him. He was always looking for that person that would stand beside him. It was like a phantom had been following him for the last three years; saying things, whispering things. But they were never there. It was like a ghost. A presence. Something he knew he would never get rid of.

Ever since his return, he would try to stay away from the places him and Kichirou had visited when they were still together. This meant never going to the same grocery stores or supermarkets or anything. He tried to stay away, but soon he know that he would have to come back to see if Kichirou was okay.

One bright afternoon Jun was walking through the streets, there was hustle and bustle everywhere. But inside his mind there was a storm. And he knew that storm was the same old one he had felt all those years ago. He had heard of how Natsuki had been sentenced, but he was still afraid to go seek out Kichirou.

What if he still had not gained his memories back? What if nothing would be the same ever again? Was this the way he would have to live the rest of his life? Questioning everything and anything around him, never trusting anyone. To him this was his new lifestyle. It was how he'd gone through the last three years. But within those busy streets Jun could still feel Kichirou's presence next to him. He could feel him within his blood. Then, to his surprise, he could see a familiar figure off in the distance. He had never thought he would see this figure again. It was Kichirou.