Chapter 7

"What?" Kichirou whispered, though, he knew deep in his heart, that that was what Rei usually said when he paired up a couple. That statement sent chills down his spine and heat down his groin. Fate was never a word Rei used easily.

Turning slowly, Kichirou glanced behind him. The moment their eyes met, Kichirou's whole body trembled. Those sharp, deep purple eyes made his knees feel weak. Like they could see through his clothes to his naked body. Kichirou understood immediately, the fact he had been denying the whole day.

Jun was his fated alpha.

Jun knew it as well, the moment their eyes met. He felt like he was drowning in a blue sea, the warmth of that sea reached his bones and made his head feel like it was on fire. He could feel his reasoning evaporating, and he tried to hold on to his sanity.

"Kichirou," Jun growled out. Somehow, Kichirou knew what Jun was going to say and before giving another short gasp, he lifted his hands and pushed his glasses farther up his face. His face was bright red, his cheeks flushed with heat. It was spreading lower and lower by the second.

"This way." Kichirou almost groaned as he looked over to Rei one last time, showing Jun to the back office. The entire time the two walked away, Rei was grinning, his entire face alight with happiness. As the door shut behind them, Hayato walked up to Rei. The two stood side by side just watching the area around their office door.

"It's already knotted." Hayato muttered under his breath. Rei nodded, his eyes watching a faint red line, that no one else but Hayato could see, slowly knot itself in the air twice over.

The line was what some would call the red strings of fate. It attached others together by wrapping itself around a pairs pinky fingers. There was a different in the folk tales though. Everyone was born with a thread, but it was not attached to anyone at birth. It took until puberty of both pairs before the thread connected. That was because that was when the sub genders became apparent in children.

"They know each other." Rei whispered, stroking his chin. Hayato nodded, glancing at the disappearing thread with a expression of slight bewilderment.

"Resisting once is almost impossible. I don't think I have heard of many instances. There won't be a second time for them to resist."

"No, there won't." Rei smiled. "Good for Ki." Rei whispered. He knew how lonely his cousin was. They talked often and there would always be a difference between love for family and the love you had for a partner.

Watching his customers and workers mingle like normal, Rei gripped Hayato's arm. "Love," Rei whispered, Hayato glanced down at him, "Can you put up a do not enter sign on the door?" Grinning, Hayato gave a hearty laugh. The customers around them looked over, smiles on their faces because of the pure happiness within that sound. The employees of Cupid's Den knew that laugh, and looked around the area, trying to find which couple had been blessed by the Cupids.

"Of course, because fates strings can never be completely broken."

Jun shut the door as quietly as he could behind him, he clicked the lock. The sound echoed in the room. Kichirou stood with his back towards Jun, his shoulders heaving up and down with every breath. Pheromones were leaking out constantly. The onslaught was making Jun harder.

"Ki-chan." Jun groaned taking a step forward. Kichirou shuddered and glanced over his shoulder at Jun. To Jun, the move was highly provocative because Kichirou's face was bright red, his eyes were tearing up and his breath was coming in short frantic pants. The scene was too appealing to Jun. He moved forward and was at Kichirou's side in the blink of an eye. Turning Kichirou toward him, they faced each other like statues.