Chapter 15

I have a Patreon where this novel is also being posted.

https://www.patreon.com/addis

The Patreon usually runs around two chapters ahead of what is posted on Wattpad and on exiledrebelsscans.com. It's only $1 a month to support this journey.

Chapter 15

It's funny how quickly everything can change. The bright green leaves change to the colors on the other end of the spectrum: red, yellow, orange. Fashion that lasts only a few months at a time: beenies to too large hats, loose jeans to skintight jeans, Converse to UGGs.

Decisions and ideas change the quickest. The human brain is always thinking of ways to change the world around us. The people who own those brains also change quickly.

All it takes is one thought, one action and that person can change more than their own life, they can change hundreds of others.

Kichirou stood in front of his class, he was writing on the whiteboard, and he turned around, tapping the book before him, "On page 290, class, you can see—" his voice trailed off. Jun looked up to see him staring intently at the back of the classroom towards one of the two doors that lead into the classroom. Everyone turned in their seats to see what he was looking at. At the door stood one of the teachers. He had a scowl on his face, and he was tapping his foot almost impatiently.

"Um...hello?" Kichirou asked in a questioning voice, his eyebrow rising as the teacher looked around the room with a scowl.

"I was told to take over your class for a while. The principal is asking for you."

Kichirou put down his marker, a question in his eyes. The other teacher just shook his head and began to take over the class. Along the way to the office, Kichirou tried to think of anything that he had done that would have caused the principal to look for him.

With his eyebrows scrunched together, Kichirou knocked and entered the office after hearing a, "Come in."

Sitting behind the desk was the principal. He was Kichirou's father's long time friend and therefore, he had known Kichirou since he was born. The principal knew everything about Kichirou, he was, after all, the reason he had gotten this job. Sitting in one of the chairs across from the principal was a elegant man who Kichirou knew very well.

"Ren?" Kichirou questionably said. The elegant man was in a light blue suit, a bright smile on his face. His hands were clasped in his lap. He had bright green eyes and auburn hair that was cut short, and in style.

"Tanaka-sensei, if you would take a seat. We have much to discuss concerning Hayato-sensei."

"Discuss?" Kichirou could not think of anything that would need to be discussed. Hayato Ren was one of the teachers he had gone to college with. Ren was a lot like Jun, very well liked, but he also was able to teach very well.

During their university days, Ren and Kichirou were often usually seen together in the library studying for their tests. Ren was the one who would take notes for Kichirou when he had had his heats and had to be off campus for the week. Their relationship was very stable, however, as soon as Ren had heard that Kichirou was switching to a high school, he had gotten very angry and had dropped all contact. It had been months since the two of them had even talked to each other, much less met face to face.

And then, on top of that, Kichirou had met Jun. For the last two weeks, Jun has been living with Kichirou in his one room apartment. The two of them have had no issues getting along. Kichirou would actually claim that this was one of the very best times of his life. Kichirou would wake up to Jun making breakfast and coffee for him. Soon after he would leave to go to the school, and so that they were not seen together, Jun would leave twenty to thirty minutes later. It was the same when they went home, one would leave before the other so that they were not seen together.

However, at home, the two of them were rarely apart. Most of the time, Kichirou would sit on the ground, with his back against the sofa, grading all of the students assignments on his laptop, with Jun stretched out on the couch behind him, either watching tv or reading manga. Every once in awhile, Jun's hand would reach out and gently stroke Kichirou's hair. It would usually cause Kichirou to shiver, and after that...well...let's just say the grading usually took a lot longer than it needed to.

"It has been decided," the principal was saying, "that Hayato-sensei will begin teaching here today," Kichirou looked over at Ren to see the other man smiling, he winked at Kichirou.

"However," The principal sighed, and then scratched the side of his face. "He insisted that he would like to work beside one of the teachers first to get the feel of the school." Kichirou felt as if he knew where this situation was going. He sent a mild glare toward Ren.

"And you want me to be that teacher?" Kichirou guessed.

"Essentially, yes." The principal sighed, leaning back in his chair, it squeaked under the weight. "Because the two of you know each other. And it might help you to get your students to listen to you better."

Kichirou was slightly shocked by this comment. "They listen to me."

A small grin began to appear on the principals face, as if he was talking to the boy Kichirou once was, instead of the grown man before him. "I've heard them call you Ki-chan."

Kichirou looked down at his feet, his face flushing red before he whispered, "I don't mind that."

The principal waved his hand, and then crossed them underneath his chin, staring at Kichirou with unwavering eyes. "Hayato-sensei will be your assistant teacher for the next two weeks. Please treat him well. After that, he will be teaching the second year students."

Kichirou sighed, and then looked over at Ren. He was still smiling, that ever present twinkle in his eyes.

"Okay, follow me while the class is still going." Kichirou rolled his eyes at Ren, and walked out of the principal's office. Ren looked over at the principal, and stood up, bowing slightly.

"Thank you for the opportunity, and thank you for giving in to my request."

The principal shooed Ren away with his fingers. "It's nothing. Nothing, I say. I just hope that this helps Kichirou in the long run."

"I will help him as much as I can, Batou-san." Ren smiled, and followed after Kichirou, who was standing on the other side of the door, tapping his foot with an exasperated look.

"I hope that this bad feeling I have is only that." Batou-san, the principal, whispered to himself. He looked out the window. Watching at the clouds drew together, making the sky turn grey. Rain was imminent. "Just a bad feeling."