Chapter 18

Kichirou opened the door to find Ren standing there with a confused look on his face. He looked behind Kichirou to the hallway. From where Jun stood, Ren couldn't see him, but he looked into the room as if he was searching for something.

"I thought I heard you..." Then all of a sudden, he stopped mid sentence. His eyes went wide and he glanced at Kichirou. Unknowingly, Kichirou's pheromones were stronger than ever before and the moment he opened the door, the scent hit Ren with all of its strength. No alpha can resist the scent of an omega's pheromones, it didn't even matter that they had no sexual feelings for each other.

Ren's pupils shrank at the smell and he tried to cover his nose with his hand, however, unconsciously, his had streaked out, trying to catch Kichirou, to mark him, to make him his. There was a loud growl from behind Kichirou, and then there was a blur.

Jun smashed Ren into the wall behind him, his forearm covering Ren's throat. Ren clutched at the arm, his eyes wild and unclear. His fingernails tore into Jun's skin, leaving streaks of blood in the process. Jun's pupils were wide, he looked behind him at Kichirou, for some reason, he was getting use to Kichirou's pheromones and they didn't affect him like they use to.

"Go take a shot, Ki." Jun ground out, pressing his forearm into Ren's throat, holding him still.

"But..." Kichirou began to protest.

"Do you want him to rape you?" Thinking of this possibility, Kichirou shuddered and dashed away, leaving only the scent of lilacs behind.

Twenty minutes later, Ren was sitting on Kichirou's couch with a pack of ice on his throat, glaring angrily at Jun. Kichirou was sitting on the floor, his hands in his lap, glancing everywhere but at Ren. Jun was lazily leaning against the wall, his hands crossed over his chest, his left eyebrow lifted as if asking, what are you going to do about it?

"What is Arimori doing here, Kichi?" Ren growled, his eyes never leaving Jun. Kichirou glanced at Jun, who just gave an offhand shrug as if saying, you got us into this mess.

Kichirou looked down at his hands as he laced and unlaced his fingers. When he finally got enough courage to look up at Ren, he found that both the alphas in the room were quietly watching him, waiting for his response.

"Jun...I mean, Arimori is...well...living with me?" Kichirou questioned his own answer as he said it. Jun gave out a quiet chuckle and covered his mouth so Kichirou wouldn't see him smiling. Ren's eyes went wide and he sat up, the ice almost falling away from his next. He squinted his eyes at Kichirou.

"And why is he living here?" Ren bit out. His eyes serious.

Kichirou chewed on his lower lip as if trying to find the right answer. "Because it's...convenient?"

Sighing, Ren ran a hand through his hair, remembering all those times back in the day where Kichirou would evade every question thrown at him. "That's not an answer. Why is he living here?"

"Because I'm his mate." Jun said loudly into the quiet room. Ren's eyes snapped over to Jun then back to Kichirou. Noticing the way Kichirou didn't deny this fact, and the way his blush stained his cheeks, Ren knew this to be the truth.

"Well..." Ren whispered. "I seriously wasn't expecting that answer." Glancing between the two, he thought of the pheromones that had assailed his senses when he had first walked in. "So have you paired as well?"

Kichirou stuttered, "N..no..." Sighing, Jun moved away from the wall and leaned down toward Kichirou. Against Kichirou's protests, he pulled his shirt down slightly, revealing the collar around his neck.