The Beach

"How many ever times I look at you the love for you doesn't die down, and I know that I will feel the same way even after 1000 years of being with you. And you are the prettiest girl in the world", Ash said with his eyes shining and my God so intimidating.

I leaned on his shoulder not knowing what to say...

"Can we go to the beach?", I asked a totally irrelevant question.

Why do I keep doing that?

..................................................

On the way to the beach, I kept thinking about my Mom.

I missed her a lot. If she was here, she would have told me come back before 8 and don't go too farther into the waves.
I missed even the times she scolded me.

I missed my dads bear hugs and his funny voice.

We reached the beach.

As we were walking in the sand.

"Do you know why they left??", I asked him.

"No, Mom is tight mouthed about the whole thing. But my guess is that even she does not know the whole issue"

"How did Lynn's parents contact you?".

"Actually mom has been in touch with them for long, and then one day they told about this, it was actually before they all left.

Mom didn't agree at first but Emily made Mom and me agree, but we had to settle things at our house that's why the delay of one month", He said

"So you knew that you will come to my place? "

"No, I thought your parents were on a vacation like everyone was saying, I never knew that I was in for this surprise".

An awkward silence loomed over us.

"Emily did a lot of effort in convincing Mom, she could just make me listen to anything she said", he said with a distant look in his eyes.

A feeling of jealousy crept into me.

"Who is Emily? ", I asked a bit too harshly.

"Haha, Don't get jealous Princess, she is my neighbor and is more like a sister, we grew up together "

"Oh, sorry", I said my face turning pink with embarrassment.

The cool waves were splashing at our feet and it felt good.

Ash looked sad and his eyes distant.

I curled my arm around his hand and leaned on him.

"We used to come here always", he said his voice quivering.

"Who?", I asked the confusion obvious in my eyes.

"My Dad and me, he was a very good person and believed in serving his country, so he joined the army.
But like always, the story of a warrior has to end. He died saving a small girl from the terrorists".

"I'm so sorry, he is a true warrior"

"That he will always be", he said his voice cracking and a tear flowing down his eyes.

I hugged him,

"You are the first person to whom I can share all this, you are my princess, please don't leave me, I need you. I don't know but I have never felt for any girl like I do for you".

"I'll be there for you always, I promise", I said and hugged him back tighter than ever.

This one second was enough for me to trust him and love him for now and all the years to come.

No matter how angry I am, I can never stop loving him.

I was so foolish to not realise it for a long time.

"You are my princess", he shouted and lifted me up.

I was blushing from head to toe

It was a perfect moment.

"I love you!!", I shouted.

He put me down, a shocked expression on his face.

"You really love me?? "

"I guess that's what I said now"

He laughed like crazy.

"I am the most luckiest man on earth, thanks to you for making me that.
I love you princess", he said not letting the smile fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went back home and Mrs. Murray had already come back.

"Mom, guess what Ann finally told she loves me ", he shouted his voice echoing through the house.

"Congratulations to you both, lstay true to each other. Okay?", she said.

And then Peter and Lynn were back.

"What's going on here?", Lynn asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I blushed.

That was enough answer for her. She started jumping around and hugged me.

This calls for a group meeting tomorrow.

We are going to play basketball first and then go to Ice Creams And Cherries.

***************************

Hope you guys enjoyed it!!
Vote, Comment, Share