Chapter 15 My Demons

Song on the side is by Imagine Dragons called Demons------>

 Chapter 15 My Demons

 1817 Romania

I lived on the streets of Romania. At that time nothing mattered. I was immortal but my soul was dying. I was withering away.

One day a shadow blocked the sun from warming my body. I look up and see a tall man dressed in black. “I finally found you… my nephew.” He smirks and holds out his hand. “Come.”

I thought then; what do I have to loss?

I take it and he helps me up from the cold cement floor.

“Tell me your name.”

“You should know since you say I'm your nephew.” I bluntly reply.

He laughs. “You are. You have your fathers looks.”

“Do not speak of my father.”

“Well since he is my brother.”

“…”

“What do you think of humans?”

“They are ignorant” he laughs, “Your laughing is annoying.”

“I cannot help it, you are simple amusing.”

“Why did you come.”

“To meet and care for my dear nephew.”

“Why? I never once heard about you and my father has never mentioned you before.”

“Things happened and we grew to hate one another.”

“Then how did you hear about me?”

“My brother was blinded by love and had intercourse with a werewolf. News traveled fast about a child being born. That child was not just a werewolf but also a vampire. A hybrid of the two.” He smiles.

“So that’s why you have come. To use me.”

“I have come to teach you my dear boy.” He raises his voice in a cheerful manner. “About the world and about life. We are creatures that live forever so why not enjoy what has been bestowed upon us?”

“How would we enjoy it?”

“By having fun.”

In that day I learned his name as he did mine. He bought me clothes that would have normally been worn by rich folk.

All in all he taught me how to have fun… in ways that in that time I was fine with… even if it meant killing as a way to have fun.

1832 Italy

“Let us play a game.” I smirk deviously. The men turned to me with curious looks. “Poker.” I sit down in an empty seat and I signal a young lady to shuffle the cards.

“What are we playing with?” A man asks.

“Hmm, money, women, jewels, horses and your lives.” I smirk once again. The men hesitantly nod one by one. “Perfect, lets begin.”

 A man smirks at his cards. “All in 4,400 euro.” I announce. The man looks up then at what he has left.

“All in…”

“Not enough.” I tell him. He’s already gotten his horses and women taken from him. There’s only one thing left that he has. “What about your life?” I ask.

“I f-“

“Come on, if you win you can win it all back.”

A boy that looks about 12 pulls on his sleeve. The boy leans into his ear. “No papa.”