Chapter 18 The Mark

Chapter 18 The Mark

Sven’s P.O.V

“Isn’t that enough? If you don’t stop now there won’t be any left for me.” Lucius says.

“Do I really look like I care about you?” I ask.

“Sven that is enough.” Lucius tries prying the human out of my grasp. With my free hand I grab him by his neck and I hold him a few inches off the ground.

“You, out of all, know not to interrupt me when I am feeding.” He smirks. I let him go and continue devouring the human. I let the human drop then I scratch at my collarbone.

“What’s wrong?” Lucius pushes my hand away. “Why do you still have that mate mark?”

“How should I know?”

Lucius gets extremely close to me. “Lucius?”

I feel something warm and slimy go across my collarbone. Did he just lick me? “Lucius, why would you do that?” I sigh and walk away from him.

“My saliva will help it heal.”

“A mates’ bite can never be healed.” I tell him.

“Where are you going?” Lucius asks.

I finish putting on my jacket. “Out.”

“Have fun.” Lucius pours himself a glass of blood.

“You too.” I whisper.

It’s cold tonight. I sprint to Noah’s house. I wonder if he knows.

It doesn’t look like he’s home. Is anyone home? Why am I here in the first place?

Even if Lucius compelled me to go back to my ‘former’ self, I still have my memories. I still remember the things he did to me. There was really no point in doing what he did. I may have been cold and heartless but I could still feel. For example; Celina. She was beautiful.

“Think!”

I come back from my daze. That sounded like Elizabeth. I jump on another tree and look into a window.

Wait, why did I travel all the way to Grayson’s house? Hopefully the werewolves don’t smell me out here.

Elizabeth and Grayson are arguing. Noah comes up to them with a book in his hands.

“There’s nothing about a mate dying and coming back to life.”

“Well of course there isn’t, because it’s never happened before.”

So this is what it’s about.

My mark begins to sting even more than before. And it’s even itchier.

Elizabeth looks up and at my direction. I hide behind the tree while applying pressure on my collarbone. I sit on the thick branch of the tree and I rest. It’s as if this mark is draining all my energy. I’m hungry again.

“Sven.” I look up to see Elizabeth.

“Hello, Ellie.” I greet her.

“Where have you been!” She yells.

“Quiet down, they might hear.”

She tilts her body to the left to look at everyone inside. “Answer my question.”

“Someone sure is bossy today.” I smirk.

“It’s been a stressful day. Do you still have the mark Grayson imprinted in your skin?”