Chapter 20 No Time

Chapter 20 No Time

Sven’s P.O.V

I can’t risk it. If I bite him, there’s a chance he can die from it.

“You- “ I cough “- witches are crafty. Is there a spell for immortality?” I ask.

She looks as if she’s thinking. “There is no time for a spell so great to be cast.”

“What would you need?” I ask her. Whatever it is I will get it.

“There is no time! And even if there was, he would have to be in good health or else the spell would kill him before I even chant a second verse.”

“Sven, you have to do it.” Elizabeth walks up to me.

God help… god… The goddess! “Do you have a spell to communicate with the moon goddess?”

“Yes but what will that accomplish?” The witch asks.

“She can stop our bond from mending then Grayson won’t die.”

It’s our best bet. The moon goddess pairs werewolves up before they are born. If she can do that she can stop something like this.

The witch sighs, “…alright.”

“Sven, just bite him!” Elizabeth urges me.

“I can’t risk losing him!” I yell at her.

Her expression saddens. “Just think. You talk to the goddess then what? Do you think she’ll say okay so easily? Maybe she was the one that planned this happening from the very beginning!”

“If she refuses then I’ll bite him alright?” I yell at her.  

“Everyone but the mates and I, leave.” The witch speaks up.

Everyone hesitantly leaves the room. Elizabeth frowns but joins the others outside.

The witch walks up to me. “Show me your hand.” I nod and she cuts it with her nail then rubs my blood on her index finger.

She chants things as she bends down and draws something on the floor. She stands and does the same to Grayson and draws blood. She finishes what she drew and chants a last verse.  

A light flashes and a beautiful kid appears. He looks up and sees us. “Um… do you need something?” He asks. He looks like he’s 15.

“Is your mother home?” The witch asks.

Mother? The moon goddess has a son?

“No she isn’t, do you need something?”

“Yes, is it possible to stop a broken bond from mending?”

“There is.” I smile, “but she won’t stop it.” My smile drops.

“Why not?” I ask.

“Cause she thinks mates should either live happily together or die together.”

“What does that have to do with stopping a bond from mending?”

“That will work but both mates will die since the balance of nature gets… disturbed? I guess that’s the word. Nah that’s not the right word.” He starts rubbing his chin. “What’s the word?”

“I still don’t-“ I cough more.

“The bond will mend but for it to be completed the mates will need to die.”

“Then stop it!”

“For a dying person you sure are annoying. If my mother stops it, it won’t come cheap. Something will be taken from you. Gotta keep the balance.”

“Do it! I don’t care what gets taken from me just stop this, please!” I plead.

“Why do you want it to stop?”

“Because I love him.” I cry.

“You’re the one that wanted to leave him behind.”

How does he know that? “And I was wrong to think that. I don’t think I’ll be able to live without him. I don’t want him to die because of me. I’m immortal so I will just come back to life but he won’t.”

“My mom still won’t stop it.”

I hang my head down and cry.

“But… I will.” I look up and see him smiling.

“Thank you.”

“Yup but I am so… getting punished and my mom’s the moon goddess. Do you know what kind of punishments she gives me? I have to be her model when she’s making clothes.” He shivers.

“Good story but can you stop the bond mending?”

“Oh, I already did and now my mom is screaming in my head. That woman needs to get a boyfriend. She has hundreds of lovers since she can’t have a mate. Hehe that’s what she gets for being such a whore.” He says it so innocently.

“But she’s your mom…”

“Yeah but she’s a slut and right now even she’s not denying it. I probably have a hundred siblings out there in the world.”

Grayson moves and groans. “Grayson.” He opens his eyes and I smile. I hug him and kiss him all over his face.

“Aww!!!” I look back at the boy. “Oh um sorry it’s just I’ve never seen two mates together.”

“Don’t gods have mates?”

“Nope. One; they’re immortal, two; there are only a number of them and there’s this thing of blah blah that gods together can’t produce an offspring and da dah. It’s all too complicated.”

“But the goddess is your mother…”

“Gods can’t produce offspring’s with each other but, they do go into heat so they venture down to the realm of the humans and do the dirty.” He smirks and winks.

“Oh wow.”

“How’s your mark by the way?”

“My mark…” I pull down my shirt and it’s gone back to normal.

“Good it’s all better. Now you should mark your mate.”

“But we aren’t mates anymore.”

“You’ve still got the mark. He imprinted on you. Even if the mating bond is broken you’re still going to be his until death do you apart. Ain’t that cliché?”

“Yeah… it is.” I smile. I sit up and lean into Grayson’s neck. I kiss him on the neck and soon I start smelling his arousal. He seems to be doing well now. So am I actually.

“Sven.” He moans my name.

“I’m right here.”

“What are you doing?” He asks with a smile.

“Doing what I should have done a long time ago.” I tell him then I bite into the spot. He suppresses a moan by biting his lip.

“That is so hot!”

I sigh but laugh. I look at the boy.

“Oh! Sorry. God I’m being such a cock blocker!”

“Haha it’s alright.” Grayson tells him.

He smiles. “Okay well I’ve got to go. Cherish your lives together. You only live once.” He looks at me, “only once.”

He disappears before I can ask him what he meant by ‘only once’ since I’m immortal…

The price I have to pay… is it my immortality… what?

“Sven, you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m perfectly fine.” I smile at him.