Chapter 21 Leaving

I think it's time we all find out what Lucius will do, right? Here's a chapter in Lucius' P.O.V Enjoy:)

Chapter 21 Leaving

Lucius P.O.V

I am a mess.

I have pursued Sven since his parents passed. I’m not even his uncle for crying out loud.

It’s been a few days and I haven’t heard of Sven or his mate. Hopefully his mate is dead. He is the only thing keeping Sven from me. If only he never existed. If only he’d disappear.

“That’s you’re sixth one. You sure about a seventh?” The bartender asks me.

“You are a bartender. You tend to the needs of your costumers. Do not ask just serve.” I rudely tell him.

He glares at me then turns around to serve someone another glass of whatever it was that they ordered.

I don’t even know why I came here. This bar is nowhere near my mansion I was recently occupying. Well what does it matter. It’s not like I will ever go back there again.

Sigh.

What will I do now? Should I just leave and forget about Sven? He was mine at one point. We traveled the world together. He had fun and we killed without hesitation. It was complete bliss. I was stupid to have killed Celina. Because of my actions, Sven despised me. He hated me to his very core.

“Beer please?” A young boy asks.

“What about water?” The bartender suggests. He gives the child a suspicious look. I would understand; this isn’t a place for a child to be in.

“Ugh fine.” The boy sits right next to me. I glance his way. “Hi.” He greets me cheerfully.

“What’s a kid doing here?” I ask.

“I’m not a kid! I’m old enough to drive, ya know?” He replies in a matter-of-fact way.

“Yeah, yeah.”

“What’s got your panties in a twist? Or is it bunch? Ugh! I hate not knowing things.” He pouts. What’s wrong with this child?

“Nothing.”

“You can tell me.”

“Leave.” I compel him.

“Nope and compulsion doesn’t work on me ‘cuz I’m awesome.”

“What do you want, kid?”

“I want you to tell me why you’re drinking your sorrows away.”

What do I have to lose? I already lost the most important person in my life… for good, it seems.

“The one I love is either dead or happily living with their mate.”

“That must sucks.”

“Yeah it does. I knew life was going to bite me in the ass sooner or later.”

“It’s rough now but don’t worry, it’ll get better. All you wanted was the love of your life to love you back. Even if you didn’t get that there are still plenty of fish in the sea.” He assures me.

“It won’t get better. I’m a damned soul.”

“I know you think that this is your karma but it really isn’t. Yeah you might have killed a whole lot of innocent people. And yeah you might’ve screwed up with Sven but so what? There’s a mate out there for you. You just have to go out and look for them. The person may even be closer than you think.” He smiles.