Book 1 - Part 5: Nightmare

Perhaps it was from all the excitement that day, or maybe it was the fact he had faced off with Malfoy, but for whatever reason, that night was not a restful one.

Harry had been happy with how well, 'well' being a relative term, his nightmares had been going thus far. He had only woken up twice to the sound of his glass of water, on the nightstand beside his bed, just beginning to vibrate; and the other times he had woken up from rather disturbing dreams had only caused him to wake up slightly alarmed, but he hadn't disturbed his dorm mates.

Harry tucked himself into bed, everything that had happened that day causing him to fall asleep quickly...

Voldemort and his followers cut across the field, going to a muggle farm house in the country. It was night, and the crested moon gave little light. They came to the house, their ruthlessness quickly being shown as Voldemort gave the nod for his Death Eaters to charge in, while he looked up at the sky.

"Morsmordre!" With a stab of his wand towards the sky, a huge green skull came into being, a snake slithering out of the mouth.

He then turned, blasting the front door away, and joined the Death Eaters who had entered through the back and sides of the house.

The father of the house charged at him with a bat, trying to defend his family, but to no avail... With a flick of the wand, Voldemort caused him to slam into the wall.

"Pathetic," he hissed. "Avada Kedavra!"

Green exploded about the house, leaving behind a silent body...

Soon after, he and the Death Eaters came out of the house, forcing the rest of the terrified family out with them. With a hideous smile, looking at his followers, one of them clearly being Lucius, he flung his wand forward, his followers' doing so as well.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Green boomed forth.

Harry shot up, waking up to someone screaming...

Himself...

- - -

Ron woke up to the sound of pained moaning and the rattling of glass. He sat up quickly to find the water glass on the side table about to fall off the edge. He took it as he looked past it to find Harry turning his sweaty head from side to side, just as his bed started to tremble.

With a gasp he got up, knowing accidental magic when he saw it, remembering the twins' happening once or twice.

He grabbed Harry's arm just as all of the beds started shaking violently, Neville, Dean, and Seamus quickly waking up.

"What's happening?" Dean asked, dazed and confused.

"I don't know!" Ron said, shaking Harry, trying to wake him up. "Harry! Wake up!"

He didn't, it just got worse as everything on the floor began sliding across the floor away from his bed. A moment later, all of the curtains on the bed posts tore and were ripped from their links, falling to the floor that now had items randomly shattering, opening, or tearing.

"I'll get help!" Neville shouted, bolting out the door, the sound of the heater in the center of their room shifting angrily behind him.

Harry yelled as if his life depended on it as he instantly sat up, shaking nearly uncontrollably, his hair sticking to his forehead.

"Harry!" Ron breathed, wide eyed, Dean and Seamus just staring at him from their slowly stilling beds, the things on the floor going immobile once again.

Harry felt drained, beyond emotional, and horrible, and even more so as the realization of what he had just seen settled into his mind. He put his face in his hands, choking back sobs, somehow managing to keep most of his tears in his eyes.