Book 4 - Part 7: Hopeless

Draco was helped up by McGonagall, the others quickly being handled by Dumbledore and Flitwick for questioning. Snape arrived soon after and left with Dumbledore.

Everything was happening so fast Draco felt as if he was only along for the ride.

"Are you alright, Mr. Malfoy. Can you tell us what happened?" McGonagall asked kindly.

How did he get to the infirmary so fast?

And what had happened?

Happened.

Harry had been taken, right before their eyes, that's what had happened.

"I was going to the library. I was going to meet Harry there after he was finished with his lesson," Draco answered, for the first time looking up at McGonagall.

Pomfrey was doing something at the side table. The unconscious Durmstrang boy was in the bed not far from him, under the guard of Flitwick.

"Yes?" McGonagall prompted, since Draco had paused.

"And I heard fighting as I went around the corner. I was almost hit with a red spell. I don't think it was a stupefy. Nott, Parkinson, and Ruguntine were fighting with two Durmstrang students." Draco shook his head. "Spells went flying, and then the next thing I realized, there were four other Slytherins. Warrington hit me with a spell that I blocked, but I hit the wall. I'm not exactly sure what happened next, but then Nott . . . he cast the Cruciatus."

McGonagall's lips thinned dangerously.

"Where could he have taken Harry?" Draco asked, his thoughts understandably straying.

"The Headmaster is working on finding him, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall soothed, but Draco only became more agitated.

"He's in trouble!" Draco suddenly blurted, trying to sit up, despite his aching head due to hitting the wall. "Professor, I can feel it," he continued, his hand gripping the front of his robes over his heart.

"Calm down, Mr. Malfoy. We are doing everything we can to find him," Flitwick said.

Draco's heart began to race, a sense of total helplessness rushing over him just like the feeling one gets from seeing a loved one immersed in terrible pain. He could feel the thickness over the bond tighten painfully, so tight it felt as if he himself was getting strangled.

"Poppy!" McGonagall cried as Draco was suddenly gasping for breath.

"I—I can't get to him! Why can't I get to him?!" Draco cried, finding himself unable to carry out a pop in attempt to go to Harry directly. "Harry!"

He grabbed Pomfrey's wrist, suddenly finding her right beside him as he felt a horrifying twist across the bond threatening the very existence of it.

"He needs help!" Draco screamed desperately. "Dobby!"

-Pop-

"Master!"

"Go to Harry now! He's in trouble!" Draco ordered, now struggling against Pomfrey who was trying to lay him down.

Dobby nodded quickly, his ears flopping wildly as he concentrated.

–P-----

Dobby gasped. "Dobby cannot Master! There is no connection! Dobby cannot go to wheres he is, there is a block!"

"What! That's impossible!" Draco exclaimed.

Pomfrey and McGonagall were now both watching the exchange between master and elf, Flitwick's eyes growing wide in alarm. He knew the implications of this.