Book 2 - Part 14: Mirrors and Armies

Harry went down the hall alone, knowing that this day would be one of great importance for the Custosae.

Draco already had the letter for Snape to deliver to Dumbledore, though he would wait a little while longer before delivering. Giving a reply this quickly would arise too much suspicion. Within the letter contained the details and conditions of the meeting through the mirrors, and Hermione and the others were already arranging the Come and Go Room for it, including a disguise for Harry (it would do no good to show his face in the mirror after all). They were also writing four more letters, which would hopefully be delivered that week. Letters to: Stephanie Somac, Joseph D. Moy, Forshaw Craw, and Amos Diggory.

The meeting with Long Beard would occur that night after dinner, since arranging it on a school night or the night before a school day probably wouldn't be good for them.

The following day would be the first meeting of the 'secretive defense club' and Harry could hardly wait, just as the others couldn't.

Harry refocused on his current task, getting to Flitwick and revealing himself as a contact, just as Draco was one for Snape. In the letter they had sent Flitwick, through Snape of course, they had mentioned the fact his other contact would be a faster link to the Custosae than the Dark Knight would be, and would inform him of any Custosae business unless the Dark Knight happened to be faster that time around. And since Flitwick had become an Amici, a visit was now due.

Coming to the Charms classroom, he knocked, hoping his visit wouldn't cause too much attention.

"Enter," a voice said, in a quite hyper tone if Harry had any say in it.

Harry went in, closing the door behind him, finding the short Charms professor behind the desk on a high stool.

"Ah, Potter!" he squeaked, and Harry wondered idly how Flitwick was going to react when he learned why he had come. "Come for more talk about the event tomorrow?"

"Er, no professor. I uh... was wondering if we could take this to your office? I don't want to accidently be overheard," Harry replied hesitantly.

Flitwick, bewildered, nodded, leaping down to the floor.

"Of course, this way," he said, leading him to the door of his office. With a flick of his wand, the door opened, and he went in, Harry close behind.

Harry closed the door behind him, before turning to take in an office he had never seen.

There were piles of parchment everywhere, and Harry wondered how Flitwick kept it all in line. There was a desk with a red quill marking away, grading no doubt, and bookshelves full of old worn books behind it. There was a window overlooking a part of the grounds to the left, and pictures of, Harry could only assume was Flitwick's family, moving in their frames to the right.

Flitwick turned and faced him, his eyes dancing with curiosity.

"What is it, Mr. Potter? What can I help you with?" Flitwick asked.

Harry took a calming breath, before pulling out his wand and expertly casting silencing and privacy wards and spells around after closing the curtain over the large window with a heavy wave of his wand. He had not anticipated having to do that spell, but it worked well enough, and with the other precautions, all was secure.

Flitwick stared, amazed at the quick succession of advance spells that had just been cast by a mere second year as Harry focused back onto him.

"Colossus, we are a Formation of Defenders. I am Griffin," Harry stated, knowing there was no turning back now. "I am, as you now know, your other contact."