Book 4 - Part 2: The Storm

Dumbledore was very busy the following weeks, most of his attention being focused on the upcoming school year that would involve the Immersion and Development Program, or IDP. Well over forty schools had expressed interest and had submitted all the necessary paperwork. The Ministry examined each, deciding which would be the most appropriate schools to participate, for only twelve schools could participate this school year.

They looked at the overall records of the schools, including professor standings, accomplishments, and attitudes. They also looked at student statistics and examined the possible applicants of the program.

As it stood now, each school would present up to fifteen students, all entering third year or above, who they felt would be excellent choices to partake in the program. From there, the Ministry and the government residing over the region of the school would look at those students and ensure they were willing and able to adequately participate, meeting all requirements. It was hoped, after all was said and done, that each school would be represented by five to thirteen students.

At the moment, fourteen schools had been selected. Twelve had been assigned to a designated six week slot in the school year, while the other two were in place in case a school was unable to meet the qualifications and had to drop out for whatever reason.

The Ministry currently had a rough estimate of how many students would be attending from each and had just recently informed Dumbledore of the IDP school participants.

Dumbledore looked down at the list on his desk.

First Slot: 3rd week of September to last week in October

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic — France — 11 students

Salem Witches' Institute — Massachusetts, USA — 9 students

Nara, School of Sagacity — Japan — 7 students

Second Slot: 2nd week of November to 3rd week of December

Horus' Ancient School of Magic — Egypt — 8

Pradera de los Celajes (the Prairie of Colored Clouds), Magic School — Peru — 6 students

Taixue, School of High Sorcery— China — 10 students

Third Slot: 3rd week of January to last week of February

Durmstrang Institute — Denmark — 8 students

Nalanda, University of Magic — India — 5 students

Komodo, School of Magical Arts — Australia — 7 students

Final Slot: 2nd week of March to 3rd week of April

Yukon, School of Shamanism — Canada — 5 students

Baobab, Institute of Center Magic — Zimbabwe — 8 students

Parnassus, School of Mystics — Greece — 13 students

Potential Schools (incase ofdrops):

La Escuela de Sueños, (School of Dreams) — California, USA — 11 students

Vilnius, Specialty Magic — Lithuania — 7 students

Dumbledore put the list back down. He was both eager and nervous about the upcoming school year. He only hoped Hogwarts' defenses were adequate to protect her inhabitants, especially after Slughorn's house went up in flames. Thankfully, he had retrieved Slughorn before the attack occurred (by two hours). It was clear Voldemort was not pleased, especially when he had ordered his Death Eaters to take out the neighboring houses. . . .

Dumbledore shook his head. Unquestionably, Voldemort knew all of his horcruxes had been taken out and had wanted to question Slughorn about it. Slughorn was, after all, the only one he knew of who would have any inclination to him having more than one horcrux. Dumbledore was certain Voldemort now believed Slughorn was an informant to the Custosae, if not a Custosae himself, which was why Slughorn was to stay on Hogwarts grounds from now on.