Book 4 - Part 3: According to Plan

Harry closed his eyes, just having finished speaking with Griphook.

The goblins were enraged. Not only had Rektik, the vault manager of the Lestranges, been taken, but other goblins, guards who had been near enough to attempt to stop a few attacks, were dead, and in an extremely horrible way.

They had been transformed into Inferi right before the eyes of their brethren, who then had to turn their blades to them.

With all of the kidnappings, Harry had not had time to really think on how they were occurring, because they had been happening right after another. Sure, he knew there had been casualties, but there had not been time to take in detailed reports of the attacks because soon after one occurred, there was another, and then all attention went into trying to prevent the next.

Ron, Greg, Vince, Ginny, and the twins were currently busy organizing the layout of the runes on their 'battle robes'. Really, the runes would be placed on all of their robes and any other clothing they felt appropriate, like undershirts or vests, but they were currently focusing on their 'heavy duty' robes of protection. Teddy would be getting a vest.

Harry lowered his mirror, which was still gently held in his hand. Ron, Vince, and Fred were in the room with him. The three 'G's' (Greg, Ginny, and George) were in another, like them, ready to cover for Draco and Neville. So far, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had let them be, probably assuming Neville currently needed friends with him, not overbearing adults trying to comfort him. And so, they had space.

Harry looked over at Ron, who was diligently stitching a small rune script onto a sleeve, an interesting sight to be honest, as Vince kept the fabric taut and still.

Stitching them on directly, as Hermione had learned, gave the network more stability and strength. It would provide structure for the 'flesh' of magic to take hold.

"We'll hear if anything happens, Harry," Fred said.

Harry nodded silently, knowing that, miles away, Dumbledore, Thorn, and the others were en route to the Riddle House, and, elsewhere, Griphook had just sent aid to the Bones' mansion. Hopefully their preemptive measures would be enough to hold back the coming death eaters and perhaps catch them by surprise while the rescue was carried out.

It was nerve-racking having to wait, but like everything, he did not have to wait long. . . .

O o O o O

Thorn and Viper appeared beside Dumbledore and the others, taking in the surreal perfection that was Little Hangleton. The fields were marvelous, and though having an old, slightly dingy feel, it would have been nice if not for the fact they knew what was taking refuge near there.

"On the hill," Dumbledore said, his form, like all of theirs, fading perfectly into the background, like a chameleon.

With their wands out, they formed two teams. With Thorn, there was Viper and Remus, while Mad-Eye, Sirius, and Snape were teamed with Dumbledore. For now, they would move together, but once inside, Thorn's team would focus their attention on evacuating those kidnapped while Dumbledore's team covered them.

"Like we planned," Dumbledore said as they headed up.

"Understood," Viper said, taking his position behind Thorn.

The sun was on the rise, being late morning, the area was well lit. Thorn and the others hoped the element of surprise would be their cover.

Coming to the back of the house, Dumbledore waved his wand, detecting a powerful ward. Having expected it, he looked to Mad-eye, who was to his right.

"Nasty trap waiting for the one who steps through the ward," he said gruffly. "Strange green flecks in the ward. Looks like tiny snakes slithering about. Parselmagic perhaps."