1} star struck

THE PARTY WAS dead and I took that as my cue to drag Trisha out of the apartment of whoever happened to host it.

The one time that I decide to actually go out of the apartment, I'm pinned as the designated driver.

Two flights of stairs and a couple blocks later Trisha and I finally make it back to her car, that she parked three blocks away.. Living in Toronto, you get used to walking quite a bit, though none the less that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I walk practically everywhere that isn't too far. Things would be so much easier if I had my own personal driver, though it's completely unrealistic and would totally never happen a girl can still dream..

But I love living in Toronto, I love being proud of our sports teams, and living with my best friend, I love going to university. it's kinda all that I've ever wanted. Especially being able to go to TML games every once in a while, I really loved that.

I grew up watching the leafs, me and my brother Chase constantly begging dad to take us to a game. I'm not going to lie, they were a huge part of my childhood, hockey was kind of my entire childhood.

I fumble around for the keys in my jacket pocket, as Trisha slumps and leans against the side of her far outdated Jeep Wrangler. She then stumbles over to the passenger seat, while I slip inside the drivers side.

Once we're both settled and the car is started, I begin to drive back the route to the apartment we share.

Hiding her face in the sleeve of her windbreaker, Trisha lets out a string of Swedish curse words. Me being her longtime best friend, of course am used to her profanities and understand most of the words.

I laugh softly and shake my head to myself at my best friend.

Streetlights flash past, cars switch lanes, stoplights turn green. Oh how I dread driving.

The entire way home I get to listen to Trisha ramble on about some guy who asked for her number a countless number of times, though to his dismay better yet failed entirely of actually even receiving it.

It crosses my mind that I'll still have to wake up extra early tomorrow so I can stop by my nasty rat of an ex-boyfriends house to pick up the rest of my clothes that I had left there, we've been broken up for months now yet still somehow I've managed to avoid it.

This means I'll have to talk to him— Seth is a jerk though, and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

After spending a good twenty minutes helping Trisha into the apartment, and finally changing into a pair of sweatpants and a old hockey shirt, I reach over to the desk beside my bed, turning off the lamplight and closing my eyes before rolling over.

location: Toronto Ontario

•location: Toronto Ontario