3} snowball fights

I WAKE UP to see 3 new messages on my phone.

Rachel
You hanging out with pretty boy today or do you have some spare time for me?

Logan
I couldn't possibly imagine having anyone else to hang out with but you. I guess I'm just that much of a loner.

Sarcasm at its finest...

Chase
Hey dumbass. How's everything in Toronoto?

So typical of him to insult me. I roll my eyes at that one.

Logan
Great. Without you.

I grin as I type it, we're just the type of siblings who joke with one another constantly.

Seth
Want to catch up soon?

Was he joking? Why do exes have to swing in and want you back right after I've just moved on from our shit show of a relationship.

Logan
Just a couple days ago you were telling me to go fuck myself.

I'm so ineffably done with dealing with stupid people. They're everywhere and I can't escape the realm of stupidity no matter where I go. The only thing you can do in my situation is try to weigh out the stupid people with good ones who aren't annoying and rude (like Seth) obviously.

I don't know what kind of things me and William will be doing today, but I know I'm excited beyond explanation.

Questions shoot through my mind. Will I be able to touch his hair? Am I good enough to be his friend? What if I do something really stupid?

Oh god don't do anything stupid. Don't touch his hair.

We were supposed to meet up after his practice from what I remember when we texted last night. We texted last night. I still can hardly believe it.
I play over conversations in my head. Is this normal? Or is this just because he's William Nylander?

____

"Hey." I open the door to my apartment, William standing in front of me.

"Hey." He grins, dimples showing and eyes shining. Did he get even more gorgeous?

Since we were only 'adventuring' I had put on a pair of blue jeans and an old oversized hockey sweater. He has on a grey Nike windbreaker and black jeans, along with a hat and a winter jacket. It was god damn cold in Toronto. Literally you could walk outside unprepared and get hypothermia.

I struggle internally not to go into full blown freak out mode like I had when we met.

He notices my awkwardness and raises a perfect eyebrow. How were they so perfect?

Stop fangirling.

"Uh well. I'm ready to go." I laugh nervously, clasping my hands together before grabbing my jacket.

"Oh my god." It's Trisha, standing behind me in shock.

William tilts his head to the side, allowing him to get a view of my best friend.