34} unsuspecting

"YEAH MOM, I'M FINE, yes, he's fine too." I'm only about half way through answering the countless questions my mother has to ask me as I lean against the headboard of the hotel bed.

Will and I have only been in Tampa for a few hours, just settling in and such.

She wants to know about everything. William, school, how Sweden was. Apparently she's just realizing now that it's important to keep in contact with your daughter, even if you live in Arizona with some rich business dude. My life has suddenly became interesting enough for her to feel the need to know everything that's been going on.

I don't object, I'm happy to tell her. It's just weird to get this stream of attention from her when she's usually busy with my step dad.

William walks out of the bathroom, only wearing a pair of black boxers and nothing else. His hair is wet and slicked back behind his ears, he's freshly shaved but that doesn't mean there isn't dark bags lingering under his bright blue eyes. He's looking like a full course meal.

We agreed earlier that after he showered we could cuddle and he could get some much needed rest before the game tonight.

He's always tired after flights, William doesn't usually sleep on airplanes.

"Who're you talking to?" He grumbles, sniffling and rubbing his eyes before flipping back the bed sheets and dramatically flopping underneath next to me.

"My mom." I say quietly.

He smiles warmly, knowing that I love this kind of cuteness before wrapping his warm hands around my waist and shuffling his body down so he can rest his head on my stomach.

"Play with it." William demands, tugging my hand down to his hair and wrapping the covers around himself.

This man is going to be the death of me.

I watch closely as he takes a deep breath, mumbling an I love you to me in Swedish then snuggling into my side. Since his hips are about where my knees are I wrap my legs around his body and begin to run my fingers through his still wet hair.

"It's none of my business, but is that boy of yours cute?" My Mom asks curiously.

I can't tell if William hears the question or not before he lets out a muffled 'yes' to answer her question.

"Well at least according to you." He squeezes my hand.

"Yes, very." I laugh.

"I knew you always liked the blonde ones. I still can't believe I had to find out from your dad that you had a boyfriend, and that you went to Sweden with him." She groans, obviously annoyed.

"Well you see, I was going to get to it—." She doesn't let me finish explaining myself, just dismissing my response.

"Never mind that, I want to hear all about him. I know that he's Swedish and that's pretty much it, I'd really like for you to tell me." She laughs.

"Um, what's there to know?" So much.

"What's his name, does he have any siblings, what's he do for a living? I need pictures too." My Mom begins to list the needs that I need to meet.