7} this is why we can't have nice things

THE FIRST THING I do is snatch my phone off the bedside table when I wake up.

It's buzzing like crazy, blaring in my ear, I don't want it to wake up William.

It's 7: 44 AM

Holy shit! It just occurs to me that I'm actually sleeping beside him, I slept over, and I'm in his clothes. His very comfortable clothes.

Someone is calling me, but all it says is
No Caller ID. I swipe the screen to answer. I half expect some fraud business telling me that I've won a cruise to the Caribbean, but instead I'm welcomed by the sound of clearly Seth's annoying voice scolding me.

"Logan? Logan? Where are you?" I turn down my volume, just waking up my ears are sensitive.

"None of your fucking business." Seth scoffs at this. "What do you want?" I sigh tiredly, not in the mood to be having a conversation with such a genuinely unpleasant person at such an early hour.

"You didn't come home last night. Where are you?" Seth asks impatiently.

I told Trisha last night that I was going to be staying at Williams place. How the hell did he know that?

"Why do you know that?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Glancing over at William, he's still sound asleep thankfully.

"I was coming to visit you. Trisha told me you hadn't stayed the night." He sounds disgusted. This guy doesn't have the decency to respect my privacy in the least! It's so creepy that he's even come to visit me before 8 AM. Why? Why did I ever date him?

"What the fuck is your problem? We're not even together. Don't come visit me. Don't talk to me. Don't slither your ass into my life and start standing around like you actually think that you mean something to me anymore. You cheated on me, remember?" After I finish ranting, I take a long needed breath and rub my eyelids.

"How many times do I have to say sorry for that? It was a mistake. You're so stubborn.." Seth claims.

"Bullshit. You knew damn well what you were doing, and what it was going to do to us. If our relationships didn't matter to you then, I don't expect it to actually matter to you now. Get that through your thick skull." I clench my jaw, worked up over his stupidity.

"Log— who are you talking to?" A messy haired, groggy voiced William cuts himself off as his deep blue eyes flutter open curiously. I would stop and take in his handsomeness, but I need to finish what I started.

"Who the hell is that huh?" Seth seethes through the phone. "Off being a whore and sleeping around? That's low even for you."

Somehow William overheard everything Seth says to me, his expression is one of confusion, a frown on his face.

"Fuck off Seth, and for the last time, get your own life and stop trying to ruin mine." I press the hang up button before he can respond.

William balls his hands up, rubbing his eyes and pushing himself up so he can lean against the headboard of the bed. His hair is oh-so voluminous and fluffy as ever, he manages to look insane attractive all the while worried and concerned.

"Who was that? Why were they being so rude?"

He doesn't need to know about your baggage.

Everyone has baggage, and I guess I just happened to have quite a lot of it; as in stupid ex boyfriends kind of baggage.

"My ex boyfriend." I begin. "He's just really difficult, cheated on me. Not a good guy." I don't want to be telling William this, but whatever goes...